Upon its introduction in 1987, the StingRay 5 made waves in the bass community for its modern design and massive tone. This latest 5-string rendition is loaded with dual humbuckers, a maple neck with an enhanced, rounded contour for more comfort in any playing position, a sculpted neck joint for uninhibited upper fret access to all 22 stainless steel frets, and lightweight aluminum hardware providing a lighter more balanced instrument.
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature more powerful neodymium magnets for increased output and a new 18-volt preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping. Solid roadworthy construction, elegant pickguard, 4+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucking pickup, all of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5HH Special Bass Features
- Lightweight ash body
- New arm contour rounded for more comfort at different playing positions
- 5-bolt contoured neck joint on the body
- 22 stainless steel frets
- All new lightweight modern classic bridge and saddles
- Lightweight Music Man tuning machines with a finer gear ratio
- Lightweight aluminum hardware
- Neodymium pickup magnets for increased output
- 3-band EQ
- 18 V preamp for extra headroom with no clipping