You can finally let go! Music Nomad's patent pending MN270 Acousti-Lok standard is a strap lock adapter that adds the safety & flexibility of using strap locks to your acoustic guitar without permanently modifying it. Designed to be used with Schaller style strap locks (not included), Acousti-Lok's strong solid brass construction gives you the security you have been looking for. With different Acousti-Lok designs to choose from, make sure you find the one that is compatible with your acoustic guitar output jack. Acousti-Lok was not designed to be used on recessed or flush mount jacks.
Music Nomad MN270 Acousti-Lok Strap Lock Adapter for Standard Thread Jacks Features
Q. How do I install this?
- Fits All 3/8" x 32 Standard Thread Jacks
- Strong Solid Brass
- Color-Black Finish
- Compatible With Most Martin Guitars with Fishman Electronics, Taylor Guitars up to 2002, Switchcraft Output Jacks
A. Simply remove the jack end cap by turning counter-clockwise and replace it with the Acousti-Lok strap lock adapter. Spin clockwise until the Acousti-Lok is snug tight. Like the picture on the front of the package, the strap button should be aimed upward or angled slightly back toward your body when the guitar is in playing position. If Acousti-Lok does not spin snug tight to the recommended position it’s ok to apply a little force to spin it further. If the jack feels too tight to spin without applying excessive force, it will be necessary to loosen and reposition the jack. To insure a successful installation, make sure the jack is tightened securely to the guitar before installing Acousti-Lok. Acousti-Lok was not designed to be used on recessed or flush mount jacks.
Q. How do I tell if I have a Metric or Standard Output Jack?
A. It's difficult for us to say definitively which size your guitar will take. Most manufacturers change systems over the years and have used both on their factory installs. There are also many guitars with an aftermarket pickup installed and if you purchased the guitar from a previous owner it'll take a little effort to figure it out. Here are some tips to help.
1. Your existing jack end cap that unscrews will have either a flat top surface found on most standard jacks or a slightly rounded top surface found on most metric jacks
Q. I have a TAYLOR Guitars but I don’t know which Acousti-Lok to buy?
2. Contact the guitar manufacturer and ask them to give you output jack spec (standard or metric) or the brand. The two most popular output jack brands are SWITCHCRAFT that uses a standard size jack and LR BAGGS that uses a metric size jack
3. Use a micrometer to measure the Outside Diameter of the output jack with the jack end cap off. The standard jack measures approximately 9.3mm and the metric jack measures approximately 8.75mm. A noticeable difference when using a micrometer.
4. If you or a friend have a guitar with a system that you know is a FISHMAN or LR BAGGS, you can remove that cap and try to install it on the guitar in question. FISHMAN threads match up with the Standard Acousti-Lok and LR BAGGS threads match up with the Metric Acousti-Lok.
5. You can look inside the guitar with a flashlight and inspection mirror to see if there are and markings on an internal preamp or barrel jack cover. Many of these parts are branded.
6. MARTIN Guitars tend to have a FISHMAN system installed from the factory. The Standard thread Acousti-Lok is your best bet.
GIBSON has used both Metric and Standard jacks.
BREEDLOVE guitars tend to have LR BAGGS pickups installed from the factory.
A. If your guitar has a 9v battery box like we show on the packaging, the 2.0 will work.
Models built in the 90's and early 2000's with the slider controls mounted on the body have systems made by FISHMAN