The professional MBS5000 is a articulating mic boom intended for broadcast and webcast applications. Two pairs of springs provide just the right counterbalance for popular broadcast microphones or other devices weighing up to 3.5 lbs. Designed for the studio environment, the MBS5000 allows for quiet, easy, and repeatable positioning, even while on-air. With the optional UM-01 Ball Joint and u-mount Snap-on Back Cover, the MBS5500 also makes an excellent hands-free tablet platform.
On Stage MBS5000 Broadcast Webcast Boom Arm Features
- Durable articulating boom arm
- Sleek look with no exposed springs or tension knobs
- Quiet and flexible three axis positioning
- Hollow arms accommodate microphone cables
- Rigid square tubing
- Includes flange mount for permanent installations, and a table clamp for portable applications
Square-tubing construction ensures strength and a long service life. A 10' XLR cable is pre-installed within the tubing for a clean look. A stem with standard 5/8-27 threading mates with all common mic clips and offers plenty of room for oversized shockmounts. Additionally, the MBS5000 comes with two mounting options. One is a removable C-clamp capable of grasping desktops and other surfaces up to 2" thick. The other is a screw-in flange mount for permanent desktop or overhead installations.