Orange Amplification are proud to launch a pioneering new technology to match, test and grade valves – the Orange DIVO VT1000 Valve Tester. This ground breaking new product will help every guitarist, rental company, valve amp manufacturer, guitar tech and guitar / hi-fi store across the planet.
In about two minutes, the VT1000 performs an extensive series of tests including:
- Heater filament test: Short circuit
- Heater filament test: Open circuit
- Heater filament test: Tolerance check
- Heater cathode insulation: Leakage
- Heater cathode insulation: Short Circuit
- Tests for heater current abnormalities
- Amplification factor
- Voltage gain
- Power gain
- Screen grid test
- Mutual conductance test
- Dual test for double triodes
- Inter electrode leakage
- Inter electrode short circuit
- Flash-over (arc detection, high voltage breakdown)
- Gas ionisation test
- The VT1000 really opens the door to everyone to have an extremely simple, portable, reliable, inexpensive and safe way to test valves.
- The VT1000 currently tests the following valves: EL34/6CA7; EL34L; 6L6; 6V6/6v6GTA; KT66; KT77; KT88; 6550; 5881; EL84/6BQ5; ECC81/12AT7; ECC82/12AU7; ECC83/12AX7; ECC99; 12BH7
The compact and extremely easy to use VT1000 is a fully automatic valve tester, which performs a wide range of tests quickly and accurately. The benefits of using the VT1000 are clear and wide reaching; users can quickly and simply match and test valves, plus receive a reliable health check as to whether their valves are good, bad or worn.
Orange Amps developed the world’s first fully automatic, portable, digital valve tester, the VT1000, to make it easy to test amp valves. Until now testing valves with little or no knowledge of valve theory was difficult, expensive and often unreliable. This new product will test all popular power and pre-amp valves. Its ease of use will appeal to all valve users whether amateur, professional or in the music retail trade.
The unit has one octal and two nine pin valve sockets for different valve types; simply insert the valve to be tested into the correct socket, select the valve type from the list on the unit and press ‘OK’ to test. The results are displayed clearly and concisely using LEDs and will test for a wide range of fault conditions, which could easily cause damage to other components. The simplicity of operation belies what is going on ‘inside the box’, where a CPU controlled testing system is in operation, allowing full control over all inter-electrode switching and measurement operations.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.