The Impulse 12D powered enclosure from Peavey features a true ribbon driver and a 12” Peavey Black Widow loudspeaker engineered with dual voice coil, push-pull technology and a neodymium magnet. A Woofer Servo circuit monitors back-EMF and controls cone motion, ensuring the cone’s movement mirrors the driving signal from the power amp, and resulting in very low distortion, high power handling and rock-solid low-frequency attack.
Peavey Impulse 12D Powered Speaker Features:
- 1,200 watts from Peavey IPR power section
- Auto Off function shuts off power when there is no input signal
- Two independently mixed input channels with level controls and mic/line switch
- Two-way, bi-amplified, optimized active servo drive loudspeaker system
- 12” Black Widow loudspeaker and proprietary 120 mm ribbon driver
- Combo XLR-1/4” and Phoenix connectors on channel 1
- Combo XLR-1/4” and RCA connectors on channel 2
- XLR, 1/4” TRS and Phoenix outputs on Line Out
- Woofer Servo technology for low distortion and high power handling
- Exclusive DDT anti-clipping speaker protection
- Injection molded enclosure with pole mount, 3 flying points, and tilt back design for monitor use
- 26 pounds
The advanced upgraded ribbon driver is an exclusive Peavey design based on the ribbons used in the Peavey VersarrayTM line array which provide 90° H x 30° V of coverage with sonically transparent reproduction.
Utilizing Peavey’s revolutionary IPR power amplifier technology, the Impulse 12D produces 1,200 watts of efficient power while weighing a very lightweight 26 lbs. IPR amplifiers are designed with a lightweight switch-mode power supply and a high-speed Class D topology that yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available.
The Input section features two input channels and a line output, with a mix of I/O options such as combination XLR-1/4” jacks, RCA and install-ready Phoenix connections. Input channels 1 and 2 also have mic/line source switches and gain controls. The Auto-Off function automatically shuts off the power when it no longer detects a signal, while the Line Out allows the user to chain multiple units or send the input signal to another source.
The DynaQ section offers advanced tone controls such as Bass Enhancer, which is an overall loudness boost, a Music/Speech switch that provides optimized EQ settings for each audio type, and Contour which is specially configured for program music. A module bay allows for future expansion including Wireless I/O, Delay/Time Adjustment, Mixer Expander, Ethernet I/O and more.
Guitars/Basses, Amp, Pre-Amps, Mixers, Electronic Crossovers & EQs: 2 years Drums: 2 years Enclosures: 2 years Digital Effects, Keyboard & MIDI Controllers: 1 year Mics: 2 years Speaker Components (incl. replacement parts) and all Accessories: 1 year Tubes & Meters: 90 days