It's not a lap steel, not a dobro, and it's not a conventional steel guitar. The Peavey Power Slide Guitar is in response to the huge number of requests for a lap type steel that could be played standing up. The shape of the Power Slide is designed to position the playing surface (fingerboard) to the left of the players body allowing unhampered access to the playing surface. The unique 4 point suspension and the special Y strap enable the Power Slide to be played either horizontally or vertically (and almost anywhere in between).
The specially designed pickup makes available an extremely wide range of tones, which are augmented by Peavey’s patented tone/mode control to allow the player to adjust from single-coil operation continuously to dual-coil, hum-canceling mode, with high-end rolloff at the extreme counterclockwise setting.
Peavey Power Slide Guitar Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Revolutionary next generation slide instrument, ergonomically designed for maximum playability
- Patent pending multi-point strap system allows for multiple vertical and horizontal playing styles
- Unique magnet loaded pickup with patented variable coil mode control
- Radical patent pending design provides unprecedented neck access in vertical playing position
- .013 - .053 nickel wound strings
- Specially designed Y strap included
- Steel slide included
- Specially designed padded bag included
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Guitars/Basses, Amp, Pre-Amps, Mixers, Electronic Crossovers & EQs: 2 years Drums: 2 years Enclosures: 2 years Digital Effects, Keyboard & MIDI Controllers: 1 year Mics: 2 years Speaker Components (incl. replacement parts) and all Accessories: 1 year Tubes & Meters: 90 days