Pioneer DDJ-SR DJ Controller
Looking for a portable controller for Serato DJ with amazing capabilities at an affordable price? Look no further than the Pioneer DDJ-SR. And don’t worry about budgeting extra money for Serato DJ, because it’s included as a FREE download. Simply plug the provided USB cable into your PC or Mac (DDJ-SR supports USB power) and it’s showtime!
Pioneer DDJ-SR DJ Controller for Serato Features
The Familiar Stuff
- 2-channel performance DJ controller/mixer for Serato DJ software
- 8 velocity sensitive rubber performance pads per deck provide Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer and Sampler functions
- PAD PLUS transforms the four functions of the performance pads into dual functions such as Hot Cue Roll, Trans, Combo FX and Sampler Roll
- Large jog wheels for precise scratching and mixing capabilities
- Built-in 2-channel mixer w/ crossfader reverse is ideal for scratch performances and can also be used with 4 decks using the deck select buttons located on each side of the controller
- Steel top panel and an aluminum jog plate for stylish but durable look and feel
- USB Powered with built-in sound card
- Includes free Serato DJ Software download for easy plug and play
- Inbuilt Serato sound card
- High sound quality design tuned to match the audio features of Serato DJ
- Channel Fader Start: use the channel fader to control Cues
- Crossfader curve adjust: to suit any type of sound
- Master level and channel level meters: instantly identify levels on each channel
Incorporating many of the same controls and functions as its big brother DDJ-SX2, the very compact, 2-channel Pioneer DDJ-SR features 2 large 132.5mm aluminum jog wheels with low latency for great scratch response and accuracy, 8 velocity-sensitive rubber performance pads per channel assignable to 4 different effects, and many of the same analog controls and jacks found on the DDJ-SX2.
The REALLY Familiar Stuff
Even analog DJs will feel at home with the Pioneer DDJ-SR, as its ergonomically-designed control surface places all of the traditional DJ mixer functions right at your fingertips. Here you’ll find two “turntables” with Tempo faders, each assignable to one of two virtual decks; 2 smooth-action faders with channel fader start; a crossfader with reverse and curve adjust; 3-band EQ and Filter controls per channel; and a 6-point level meter to monitor Channel 1/2 or the stereo Master.
Of course, there are additional buttons and knobs on the DDJ-SR that are configured to operate seamlessly with Serato DJ software utilizing the built-in Serato sound card. For example, Slip Mode keeps currently playing tracks muted during live edits such as Loop, Scratch or Reverse. Release the jog wheel and your track comes back at exactly the right place. You can also control other advanced features such as Beat Jump and Quantize. There’s even a new feature called PAD PLUS that allows for stacking 2 effects per pad.
The Leading Edge
On the front edge of the DDJ-SR, you’ll find jacks to accommodate 1/4” TRS and 3.5mm headphone plugs with Level control. There’s also a Crossfader On/Off switch with a knob for variable Curve. And of course, there’s a 1/4” Mic input with its own Level control.
Bringing Up The Rear
The rear edge of DDJ-SR features an Aux In on RCA jacks with Level control for adding external analog devices to the mix; Master Out 1 on balanced 1/4” TRS jacks for low-noise cable runs; switchable Booth Out/Master Out 2 on RCA jacks with Level control when in Booth Out mode; and of course, a USB Out for powered connection to your PC or Mac.
Realizing Your Potential
The Pioneer DDJ-SR is ideal for Serato DJ users who want to take the ultimate DJ experience with them wherever they go. Where will it take you?