To protect your DDJ-SX2 from Pioneer, AMS has included a Gator case that is designed specifically for this great controller. The DDJ-SX2 is the industry’s first controller to give DJs dedicated control of the new Serato Flip functions within Serato DJ. Serato Flip is an expansion pack for Serato DJ that gives DJs the power to record and re-play hot cue sequences on the fly. The DDJ-SX2 is the only controller with designated buttons – Record, Start, and Slot – to put intuitive Serato Flip performances at their fingertips.
The four-channel DDJ-SX2 builds on the popularity of its predecessor, but inherits two must-have features from the top-flight DDJ-SZ: Performance Pads with velocity sensitive, multi-colored LEDs and on-jog digital cue point markers. The DDJ-SX2 is also Serato DJ DVS upgrade ready and boasts improved jog wheel reaction time.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Performance DJ Controller Features
- A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two mic inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-Fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks
- Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software
- Highly attractive and functional multi-colored Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions
- 8 pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities
- Balanced mic input circuit provides clear audio output with no distortion
- Clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio
- The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency
- Hot Cue Countdown provides users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point
- Independent 4-channel mixer can be used with other external sources such as turntables
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment.
The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.