Classic Rat sounds with a little something extra! The ability to switch from the original silicon clipping to a mosfet/germanium clipping section gives players a subtle but powerful tweak that is a welcome addition to the Rat sound. Take this pedal from smooth, thick distortion to a fuzzy, hairy mess…and we mean that in a good way!
ProCo FATRAT Distortion Effects Pedal Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Clipping Section: Switchable between stock silicon clipping, as in the classic Rat, and a mosfet/germanium clipping section, which is entirely new to the Rat line. The mosfet clipping section gives you subtle scoop and smoothing in the upper mids throughout the entire gain range of the pedal, and makes the pedal sound more amp-like and natural.
- Thick Switch: Provides a significant bass boost and simultaneous hi cut – this makes the pedal more suitable for bass guitar, lower tunings, as well as fattening up and smoothing low gain settings, making this a good candidate for overdrive use.
- 9-18v Operation: Increased headroom and fidelity with 18v operation and less 'sagging' as compared to older Rats.
- Socketed Opamp: The pedal will ship with the current stock chip (OP07DP), however changing over to the mythical LM308, or other compatible chips will be a quick and simple mod that you can do solder-free.
- Like all Rats, the FATRAT is a true bypass. Large CTS Pots give you a smooth, even sweep throughout their range.
- Made in the USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.