Upgrade to the full Reason experience! Owners of Reason Essentials / Adapted / Limited can upgrade to Reason 10. Reason is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It’s the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks.
New in Reason 10
Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
Europa was created for huge, epic sounds and oh boy, does it deliver... From big stacks of buzzing sawtooths to shimmering, glitched-up sonic explorations, Europa has you covered. To call it a wavetable synth wouldn’t be wrong, but it’s so much more than that. Apply a wide range of modulation to the waveform itself, to start with. Add advanced spectral filtering, harmonics processing and even draw your custom waveforms. And the best part: despite it’s deep synthesis powers, it’s still surprisingly easy to use.
Grain Sample Manipulator
Get granular with your samples! The Grain synthesizer opens up the world of granular synthesis for your creative use. Drop any sample into Grain and explore the endless sonic variations you can create with Grain’s selection of playback algorithms, ultra-flexible modulation, routing and effects. With immense sonic power and an inviting interface, Grain is the easy-to-use sonic lab that turns your samples into grains and your grains into music.
New sampled instruments
Reason 10 puts three brand new organic instrument collections in your Reason rack. Expertly crafted in cooperation with sampling experts SoundIron, these new devices offers a wealth of inspiring and natural-sounding instruments to your music making.
Klang Tuned Percussion: a collection of tuned percussion instruments. Glockenspiel, Music box, Wineglasses and a whole lot more. Tuned percussion sounds are great for creating melody lines or adding an organic dimension to an electronic production.
Pangea World Instruments: the sounds of planet Earth. Add more colors to your sonic palette with this collection of instruments full of character from all corners of the world. Plucked, pumped, blown or strummed, these instruments will add a new dimension to any style of music.
Humana Vocal Ensemble: choir and vocal instrument Give your music a human touch with the sound of Humana’s selection of choirs and solo voices. Perfect for soundtracks or epic pop ballads, these singers will add depth and harmony to your music.
Loop Supply & Drum Supply
Update your sound with this multi-gigabyte injection of cutting-edge loops and drum samples made to deliver up-to-date pop. electronic and hip hop sounds for Reason. Get creative with a huge selection of patches for Reason’s Kong drum machine and Dr Octo Rex loop player.
The premise is simple. The results are stunning. Three basic pianos paired with the technology to make an infinite number of your own. Based on a custom blend between sampling technology and physical modeling algorithms, Radical Piano affords songwriters, producers, and sound designers an unprecedented level of control to craft a realistic piano that is 100% unique.
Synchronous Effects Modulator
Bring your music to life with Synchronous’ modulation effects. Create quick sidechain effects or draw your own LFO curves to control filter, delay, reverb, distortion and level. Make your sound evolve, change and loop over time.
Reason 10 Product details
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason’s legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason’s rack around and you’ll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason’s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Quantize MIDI or audio to fix timing problems, or use ReGroove’s swing magic to breathe life into your sequences. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason’s renowned time stretch. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k*analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Reason supports VST plugins and Reason’s own Rack Extension format. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
VST plugins are right at home in the Reason rack. Drag & Drop from the browser, use CV with your plugins, add Players, put them in Combinators with Reason’s own devices or Rack Extensions – all the things you expect when working in Reason!
With a multi-gigabyte supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, tailored to fit a wide range of genres and styles, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you need to make music. The integrated, always open browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Want more? Expand your palette with a world of ReFill libraries—sound libraries custom-made for Reason.
Propellerhead Reason 10 Included instruments:
Propellerhead Reason 10 Included Player devices:
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer - new in Reason 10!
- Grain Sample Manipulator - new in Reason 10!
- Radical Piano - new in Reason 10!
- Kong Drum Designer
- Thor Polysonic synthesizer
- Klang Tuned Percussion - new in Reason 10!
- Pangea World Instruments - new in Reason 10!
- Humana Vocal Ensemble - new in Reason 10!
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- NN19 Sampler
- Malström Graintable Synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
Propellerhead Reason 10 Included effects:
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel:
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- RV7000 MkII advanced convolution reverb
- Synchronous Timed Effect Modulator - new in Reason 10!
- Alligator triple channel pattern based gate
- Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
- The Echo high quality stereo echo
- Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- RV-7 digital reverb
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- D-11 foldback distortion
- ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- PH-90 phaser
- COMP-01 compressor
- PEQ2 2-band EQ
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- BV512 vocoder with 4 to 512 bands and equalization
- UN16 unison
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
Reason 10 Other features:
- 4-band EQ
- 8 Send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Dynamics section with compressor and gate
- Lo-pass and hi-passfilter
- Spectrum analyzer
- Master compressor with sidechain input
- Group channels
- Parallel channels
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason’s rack.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Support for Ableton Link: effortlessly sync Reason and other link enabled apps over WiFi.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Loop Supply & Drum Supply: 3 GB of cutting edge loops and samples - new in Reason 10!
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDI instrument output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output—sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats—from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.