Reason 10 Announcement!
Reason 10 is coming: 6 new instruments, tons of new loops and sounds. Get ready for the biggest Reason update ever.
Buy Reason 9.5 today and get the massive Reason 10 upgrade for free on October 25th.
Reason Essentials 9.5 from Propellerhead is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, all the editing tools you need, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It’s the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks!
Reason Essentials 9.5 Features
- The essence of Reason at a fraction of the price
- Easy and fast music making software that’s fun to use and won’t get in the way of your creativity.
- VST plugin support in Reason Essentials: add any plugin you want to Reason Essential’s legendary creative flow.
- Inspiring and expandable rack of instruments and effects. As you create your song, you build your dream studio.
- Reason Essentials has everything you need to start making music. When you feel the need, expand your music making with more sounds, instruments and effects or upgrade to the full version of Reason.
Effortlessly create your dream studio with Reason Essential’s modular rack. Music making in Reason Essentials means joyful exploration and endless possibilities.
Never short on great sounds
Get creative with Reason Essentials’ legendary instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, samplers and more. With its huge collection of sounds, you’ll be making music in no time. It's everything you need to get started making music.
Record and edit your music in Reason Essentials’ sequencer. Find your tone with guitar amps from Softube. Sculpt and polish your tracks to perfection with straightforward mixing tools and a massive rack of effects.
About Reason Essentials
Reason Essentials is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, all the editing tools you need, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It’s the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks.
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason Essentials is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason Essentials’ legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn the rack around and you’ll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason Essentials’ powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason Essentials’ sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason Essentials’ renowned time stretch. Non-destructively correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Reason supports VST plugins and Propellerhead’s own Rack Extension format. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
VST plugins will be right at home in Reason Essentials’ rack. Drag & Drop from the browser, use CV with your plugins, add Players, put them in Combinators with Reason Essential’s own devices or Rack Extensions – all the things you expect when working in Reason Essentials!
Reason Essentials’ built-in sound bank comes with everything you need to get started with your music making: synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects and more.
Reason Essentials 9.5 Included instruments
- NN-XT advanced sampler
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers.
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- RV7000 advanced reverb
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- 2-band EQ
- 4 Send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Master compressor
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason’s rack.
- Delay compensation makes all signal paths play in perfect, phase-locked sync.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Six instruments included: NN-XT sampler, Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, Redrum drum machine, Subtractor synth, ID-8 and Combinator
- Ten effects included: delay, reverb, virtual amps, distortion, chorus and mastering effects
- Modeled mixing console with channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- Rack Extension technology lets users expand their collection of instruments and effects with the devices they want
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with audio comping tools, slicing and audio quantize
- High quality realtime time stretch—adjust the tempo of your whole song, or alter the timing of a recorded performance
- Bounce audio recordings to REX loop format, for use in Reason Essentials' sampler or loop player
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- Comes with a great factory sound bank, with patches for Reason Essentials devices, samples, and loops
- ReWire support
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason Essentials fast and powerful on any computer
- Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- 14 x 2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.