Based on the ARCHON 100, and using two 6L6 Power Tubes, the PRS Paul Reed Smith Archon 50 Guitar Amplifier Head is still the same fire breathing monster as the 100 but with a little more give in the power amp for more of a vintage feel. This is especially true on the clean side. By revving up the clean master volume and using the channel volume for decibel/level control one is able to get nearly a Plexi overdrive out of this beast. Drop it down to 25 watts, and look out, this thing is magical.
PRS Paul Reed Smith Archon 50 Guitar Amplifier Head Features
- 50 or 25 watts with the 1/2 power switch
- 6L6 power tubes, fixed bias
- Bypassable effects loop
- Volume, bass, mid, treble controls
- Bright switch and master volume for each channel
- Global presence and depth controls
- 2 button LED foot switch
- Chassis mounted pots jacks
- Power tube sockets and switches
- Brushed aluminum covering
Overall a killer sounding amp with modern high gain flavoring and vintage undertones. We've also got a killer brushed aluminum face plate that gives the amp an industrial/modern vibe and also visually separates it from the 100 Watt.