The PRS Paul Reed Smith Grainger 5-String Bass Guitar is masterfully designed and crafted for the modern gigging and studio bassist! As the primary designer of PRS’s Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collaborated with many bassists, including Wyzard (Mother’s Finest) and Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake), to create the PRS Grainger 5 which has all the character and quality of Gary’s Private Stock models.
An incredible set of electronics makes the Grainger 5 bass extremely versatile. A beautifully figured carved flame maple top sits on a mahogany body while an ultra-comfortable maple neck features a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard. If you need a workhorse bass that provides great versatility and distinct looks, look no further than this bass from Paul Reed Smith!
‘These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel...everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists,’ - Gary Grainger.
- Knob 1: Neck pickup volume. Down position the pickup is active. Up position the pickup is passive. If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard.
- Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume. Down position the pickup is active. Up position the pickup is passive. If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard. If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
- Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- The bass will function passively without batteries as well.