The R80’s custom 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies, resulting in a greater sense of ‘air’ and ‘space’ that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. Custom coated, woven, 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers produce a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone’s ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range.
The result is transparent sound with narrow vertical dispersion, which reduces undesirable reflections, and broad horizontal dispersion for a wide sweet spot. Driven by a 150W Class D amplifier, the biamped R80 delivers an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience. Acoustic Space controls help compensate for room anomalies, and an onboard high pass filter to easily to add a subwoofer, making the R80 an ideal choice for any professional listening environment.
PreSonus R80 Active Studio Monitor 8 Inch Woofer Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
- Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V, 60 Hz or 220-240V, 50 Hz
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.