The Vela boasts a new offset body shape that is at once elegant and edgy. Its pickguard loaded electronics feature a PRS-Designed Starla pickup in the bridge, providing a bright, punky tone, and the new PRS-Designed Type-D Single coil in the neck that gives the Vela some noteworthy bite. The coil-tap on the tone control allows the bridge pickup to split to single coils, providing a balanced tone that will cut through the mix with style.
Anchoring this guitar is a new PRS plate-style bridge with two saddles that were designed to compensate for intonation. This bridge harkens back to Paul’s early designs and traditional bass plate-style bridges, but is top-loading for easy restringing. Like the bridge found on Paul’s Guitar and some Private Stock models, PRS’s new plate-style bridge features brass saddles and an aluminum plate for maximum tonal sustain.
PRS Paul Reed Smith S2 Vela Bird Inlay Guitar Features
- All-mahogany body and asymmetrical, beveled top
- 25 inch scale mahogany neck with a Pattern Regular neck profile
- 22 fret rosewood Fretboard
- Bird inlays
- PRS Plate-style Bridge with brass saddles and aluminum plate
- PRS-Designed Starla bridge pickup, with PRS-Designed Type-D Singlecoil neck pickup
- Volume and coil-tapping tone control with a 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Gig bag included