The PLX3402 includes QSC's exclusive PowerWave™ Technology used in our award-winning PowerLight™ Series for chest-pounding bass and crystal-clear highs. The PLX3402 produces 1700 watts per channel at 2 ohms.
It also features hum-free noise floor and ultra-low distortion of .03% THD. To keep PLX running under the most demanding conditions, we’ve even added our Advanced Thermal Management System. PLXs offer the reliability of a company that’s been building professional amplifiers for over 30 years.
QSC PLX3402 Power Amplifier Features
- Exclusive PowerWave™ power supply for superior bass
and lighter weight
- Ultra-low distortion (0.03% THD at 8 ohms) & studio-quality
noise floor (-107 dB)
- LED indicators include bridge mono and parallel input modes
- Compact 2 RU, 21 lbs. and 13" deep chassis fits into any rack
- Class H output reduces AC power draw and heat by 40%
(2402, 3002, & 3402)
- Selectable clip limiters and subsonic filters reduce distortion
and protect speakers
- Variable-speed fan for low noise and solid 2 ohm performance
- Both 1/4" TRS & XLR inputs, Speakon™ and shock-proof
binding post outputs
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extension available
With PowerWave technology, the PLX series take your
music to a whole new level. Not only does it deliver bigger bass and cleaner highs,
PowerWave also cuts wasted heat and boosts reliability. PowerWave is a switching
power supply that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging
the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit. So
unlike other amps with conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved
prematurely and remains crisp and clean. It virtually eliminates hum and greatly
reduces noise, providing a vast dynamic range that can handle any music without
running out of headroom.
Our Advanced Thermal Management system ensures PLXs run
cool and reliable even under harsh conditions.Using a high-output
variable speed fan, ATM
pulls cool air from the rear of the
amp and propels it through a heat shroud
precision-fitted to flow air over the heat
sinks and out of the amplifier.