The QSC TouchMix-8 is the baby sibling to the TouchMix-30 Pro and TouchMix-16. Being the most compact and portable member of the family, it shares the same great features and workflow that make this line the new standard in digital mixers. It’s ideal for musicians, production professionals, and live performance venues. Allowing up to 8 inputs (4 Mic, 4 Mic/Line), it features onboard digital effects, processors, presets for all types of instruments, mixer scene memory locations, and direct to hard drive record/playback. With all of this power packed inside a small format mixer, one might think that the interface could be difficult or messy. This is not the case, as it operates off of a beautiful, modern, familiar, and intuitive multi-touchscreen interface just like its siblings. If you’ve used a touchscreen tablet or smartphone, you’ll be right at home. Combining all of these features with a lightning-fast and intuitive workflow, the TouchMix-8 provides professional sounding results for users of any skill level.
QSC TouchMix-8 Compact Digital Mixer Features
- 12 Full Function Inputs: 4 Mic, 4 Mic/Line (XLR/TRS Combo), 2 Stereo line (TRS), USB 2-track
- Outputs: 4 Aux (XLR), 1 Stereo (TRS), Main R/L (XLR), Cue/Monitor (TRS)
- TRS Aux outs drive wired In Ear Monitors (IEM) directly
- 4-band full parametric EQ, variable high-pass and low-pass filters on all input channels
- Gate and compressor on all input channels
- 4 professional quality stereo DSP effects plus a pitch corrector
- 1/3 octave graphic equalization, limiters, delay and notch filters on main and aux. outputs
- 8 DCA and 8 Mute groups
- Color, capacitive touch screen graphical user interface combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation
- Wizards, info and preset libraries assist the user with channel setup, effects selection and more
- Direct to hard-drive recording and playback of multi-track wave files. Capable of recording all input channels plus a user-selected stereo output pair
- Remote Control via iOS and Android. Wi-Fi interface included
The QSC TouchMix Series represents a breakthrough in innovation and digital mixer design - the result of a remarkable collaboration between QSC and industry icons Greg Mackie and Peter Watts (M&W Pro Audio Ltd.) TouchMix not only resets the bar for performance and value, but also redefines the user experience for both professionals and novices alike.
TouchMix V3.0 for TouchMix-8/16
Free of charge at QSC.com.
Version 3.0 for TouchMix-8 and -16 includes twenty significant enhancements
, making these models far and away the most powerful and comprehensive, yet easy-to-use compact mixers available. Many features previously available exclusively on the Series’ flagship TouchMix-30 Pro are now implemented, including:
- Feedback and Room-Tuning Wizards
- Real-Time Analyzer (RTA)
- Input Delay
- Output PEQ
- Digital Gain
- Channel Overview
- USB Drive Formatting
- Improved graphics and screen layout
A number of additional, all-new enhancements to the mixer are also provided including:
- Channel Safe
- Tap Tempo
- Tablet Follows Mixer
- Additional User Buttons (on connected tablet)
- Ability to split Aux 7/8 and Aux 9/10 into discreet, mono outputs (TouchMix-16)
- More channels – Because of the new MP3 USB playback functionality, the TouchMix-8 is now a 14-input mixer while the TouchMix-16 improves to 22-input.
QSC loudspeaker tunings are also present in Version 3.0, including presets for our new K.2 Series. To ensure that customers maintain the most current operating system for their mixers, Version 3.0 also provides a system check, offering direct download of updates when the mixer is connected to the Internet.
The TouchMix DAW Utility is available for free download from the QSC website!
The TouchMix DAW Utility is a software application for TouchMix owners who also use DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software for music recording and production. It enables and simplifies two-way migration of digital audio wave files between TouchMix and DAW software. The TouchMix DAW Utility runs on Windows and Apple computers.
Application Guide for Musicians and Bands