The Rane Serato Scratch Live SL4 DJ Audio Interface connects two computers and four decks using your favorite mixer. With Serato Scratch Live and SL4 you can scratch and mix files from your Mac or Windows computer's CD or hard drive by using special control vinyl, CDs or MIDI controllers. This intuitive system which can connect four vinyl turntables or CD players to your computer and mixer replicates the traditional DJing experience for real feel usability.
Rane Serato Scratch Live SL4 DJ Audio Interface Features
- Supports four turntables or CD decks switchable in any combination
- Two high-speed USB 2.0 ports for two DJs for uninterrupted performances
- Aux Input for session recording or LiveFeed
- Aux Output assignable to the SP-6 Sample Player
- Four software-switchable analog Thru connections for regular vinyl/CD
- 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rate switch on the SL 4 rear
- 10-in 10-out USB sound card with any software supporting ASIO or Core Audio
- Bus power from either USB port or the included external power supply
- Includes four control records, four CDs, two USB and six RCA cables
Continuous control signal on vinyl allows smooth accurate scratching. Scratch Live has the lowest latency vinyl emulation system on the market. It has advanced vinyl groove and stylus modeling algorithm for a sound indistinguishable from the real thing.
Innovative positioning system allows fast and accurate needle dropping. The record has thin marks every minute, and a thicker mark every 5 minutes (played at 33 RPM). These marks assist you when using needle dropping to move through the track.
The Vinyl Scroll track of Serato Scratch Live allows you use your turntable or CD to scroll through your crate and pick the next song without touching your laptop.
Four copies of black vinyl are included with the SL 4. Side A: 10 minutes plus Vinyl Scroll track. Side B: 15 minutes.
In the Box
Rane Serato Scratch Live SL4 DJ Audio Interface Includes:
- 1 SL4 Interface
- 1 Soft Carry Case
- 1 Serato Scratch Live Software Install Disc
- 1 External Power Supply with Country Adaptors
- 2 USB Cables
- 6 Stereo RCA Cables
- 4 Control CDs
- 4 Control Vinyl Records
- 4 Rubber Feet for the SL4
- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1 Operators Manual
- 1 Warranty Card
Rane Serato Scratch Live SL4 DJ Audio Interface
Computer System Requirements
- Computer interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB Power Requirement: 500 mA, 5.0 Volts
- USB Audio Channels: Ten Record and Ten Playback
- External Power Supply: 7.5 Volts (included)
- Converters: 24-bit / 48 kHz or 96 kHz sample rate switchable
- DAC Dynamic Range: 104.5 dB, A-weighted
- ADC Dynamic Range: 103 dB, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB A-weighted analog in to analog out
- Frequency Response: -0.6 dB @ 20 Hz, -0.03 dB @ 20 kHz
- THD+N: 0.007% at 1 kHz, 20 Hz to 20 kHz BW
- Inputs: Inputs 1-4 individually Phono / Line switchable
- Aux Input: Line-Level only
- Gain: Unity
- Maximum Input / Output: 3 Vrms @ 1 kHz
- Switched Phono Input Max: 70 mV rms @ 1 kHz
- SL 4 Unit Size: 7.25 x 5 x 1.7 inches (18.4 x 12.6 x 4.3 cm)
- Weight: 6 pounds (3 kg)
These are the minimum requirements to run Scratch Live with the SL 4. For best performance and for use in professional situations it is recommended you buy a higher spec computer. Intel processors are also recommended.
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Hard disk space for music
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
- 5400RPM Hard Drive. 7200RPM recommended for high resolution audio playback
- 2GHz Intel Core Duo
- 2GB RAM
- OSX 10.5.8 or higher
- 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo
- 2GB RAM.
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or
- Windows 7. Windows 7 is recommended over Vista
*If you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
Note 1: If you are using Scratch Live's more system intensive features such as DJ-FX or multiple virtual decks and are having issues, you may need a higher spec computer for best results, or make sure you have optimized your system: Windows 7 and Vista / Mac OS X.
Note 2: If you are planning on using HID devices on Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard), then you must use OSX version 10.5.6 or up. HID devices include Rane mixers such as the Rane Sixty-Eight or TTM 57SL and some 3rd party controllers such as the Pioneer CDJ-400, CDJ-900, or CDJ-2000 CD players.