Take control of your tone with the Prophesy II! This outstanding DSP processor provides unprecedented depth and flexibility. From a pure processing standpoint, the Prophesy is a tremendously powerful tone-shaping tool.
The Prophesy II takes the Top 4 Guitar sounds used in today’s music such as, Clean American, Texas Blues, Vintage British, and Mega Drive; and combines them with the best sounding effects available ranging from Ducker Delay to Tremolo, Wah, Phaser, and other classics.
The preamp section also features a parametric Pre EQ, which allows you to pre-shape your tone to simulate the characteristics of several different guitars (such as fine-tuning your Strat to sound more like a Les Paul, Etc) as well as an additional parametric Post EQ to add extra Lows, High, or scoop out the Mids. And if that’s not enough, the Prophesy II also includes a Global Parametric EQ which adjusts the overall output on all presets.
Rocktron Prophesy II Rackmount Digital Guitar Preamp Features
- Dynamic Tube Replication Technology (DTR)
- User Definable Effect Configurations
- User Assignable Stereo Effect Loop
- Tap Tempo Delay and Tremolo
- Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Stereo XLR Outputs
- Real Amp Knobs for On-The-Fly Tone, Volume and Preset Adjustments
- ‘Pluck Detector’ (patent-pending) and ADSR for Dynamic Effect Control
- Pre and Post Distortion and Global EQ
- Pre Distortion Effects and Post Distortion Effects
- Programmable Speaker Simulator w/ Parameters for Speaker Size, MIC Position, Reactance
The preamp section of the Prophesy features four channels each with their own distinct voicings to provide a vast array of desired tube amp sounds. Each voicing may be thought of as a channel and each channel has its own basic gain and master controls with bass, mid, treble and presence controls, all easily accessible with real amp knobs on the front panel, just like a regular amp head.
- Channel 1 or Clean American, replicates some of the most sought-after clean vintage tweed amps of the late 50’s and 60’s.
- Channel 2 or ‘Texas Blues’, is a vintage tweed with a bit more kick and bite often heard from the famous southwest bluesers ala Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, Etc.
- Channel 3 or Vintage British, is a traditional Plexi Style tone offering some of the most dynamic rhythm tone available.
- Channel 4 or Mega Drive is considered the Holy Grail of almighty heavy tone of modern music pumping out everything from early Van Halen to Megadeth and everything in between.
The post-effects section provides ultra-transparent, high-quality effects which completely preserve the tone of the preamp-thick reverbs and lush choruses can be used without coloring the sound of the preamp’s tone. Four assignable effect blocks allow you to assign 1 effect pre-preamp and 3 post preamp effects in any order you choose, including Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Rotary Speaker, Ducker Delay, etc. Prophesy also features a versatile mixer section to control the mix between dry and wet signal output of every effect used in the preset.
The effects section of the Prophesy is divided up into two sections, Pre distortion (or pre-preamp), and post distortion (or post preamp) for unlimited configurations of effects. The pre-effects section features Wah, Compressor, HUSH, Pre-EQ, as well as one assignable effect of your choice.
If the effects in the Prophesy are not enough, we included a true stereo effect loop which may be assigned anywhere in the effect chain just like an internal effect. Want just an incredibly powerful effect processor? Just bypass the preamp section completely and use the Prophesy a stand-alone effect unit.
The ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) function features Rocktron’s Pluck Detection patent-pending, and allows you to configure any of the Prophesy parameters to be controlled dynamically by each pluck of a guitar string.
Other features include a visual representation of the assigned effects signal chain, preset title, the voicing (channel) being used, are all conveniently displayed on the first preset page.