Rocktron’s history of creating great guitar preamps continues with the introduction of the Widowmaker. This high gain monster offers intense distortion and powerful tone and features a new design from LA Custom.
Rocktron Widowmaker Guitar Preamp Features
- Controls include Level, Bass, MID, Treble and Gain in the HIGH GAIN channel, and Level, Bass, Mid and Treble for the CLEAN channel
- In the HIGH GAIN Channel, the Level control determines the output level independent of the Clean Channel
- The Bass control is used to determine the amount of low frequency information present in the High Gain channel, and is adjustable to + -15dB
- The MID control in the High Gain channel is used to determine the amount of high frequency cut. Up to 30dB of mid-range cut may be applied
- The Treble control is used to determine the amount of high frequency information present in the High Gain channel, and is adjustable up to + -15dB
- The Widowmaker CLEAN Channel also offers Level, Bass, MID and Treble controls for clean tones
With over-the-top metal gain, Rocktron’s intended user for the Widowmaker is the modern metal guitarist, and those who rock on the very heavy side. The Widowmaker is an outstanding choice for a two channel analog preamp. This single rack space molten gain producing machine delivers the goods when it comes to high gain shred tone.
Controls include Level, Bass, MID, Treble and Gain in the HIGH GAIN channel, and Level, Bass, Mid and Treble for the CLEAN channel, while providing a wide range of tonal possibilities. At Rocktron, they know the importance of incredible high gain, especially for the metal and rock players. The Widowmaker delivers and has been designed to give you the goods in the gain department!
This preamp not only delivers on the gain front, but you will be thrilled with the great clean tones available when using the Widowmaker. Shimmering, glassy, crystal-like tone is possible in the clean mode.
The Front Panel of the Widowmaker Guitar Preamp is where you find the On and Off switch, and a Power LED indicates when the preamp is “on”. A standard 1/4” mono jack provides an input to the Widowmaker from a guitar or other effect.
The Back Panel of the Widowmaker is where you find the footswitch jack that accepts a 1/4” mono cable and connects to a single-function latching footswitch for channel switching functions. A standard 1/4” Output jack provides the output of the Widowmaker, which can be fed to an amplifier or other effects.