The Roland BK5 backing keyboard is a self-contained, do-everything keyboard with auto-accompaniment engine and built-in sound system. The BK5 features high-quality, fresh sounds combined with an easy user interface and advanced features. It is the perfect partner for the one-man band, as well as music hobbyists and amateurs.
Roland BK5 Backing Keyboard Features
- Wide selection of sounds, Music Assistants, and Rhythms that cover a wide landscape of musical genres (including East-Europe, Latin-America, Asia, and more)
- Friendly graphical user interface
- Onboard effects, including reverb, chorus, EQ, multi-band compressor, and dozens of multi-effects
- Music rhythm compatibility with Roland BK-7m/E-series/ G-series/VA-series instruments
- Compatible with backing formats (SMF, MP3, WAV, and Rhythm) directly from USB memory; instant audio recording onto USB memory
- Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- Video output to share SMF/MP3 Lyrics with friends or the audience on an external screen
The BK5 is powered by a state-of-the-art Roland sound engine, packed with over 1,100 great sounds and dozens of drum and percussion kits. The instrument is able to handle 128 voices simultaneously, and is compatible with a variety of voicing formats, including GM2, GS, and XG Lite. Feed the BK-5 a Standard MIDI File, buckle up, and get ready for a great-sounding band!
In addition to playing MIDI Files with its internal sound generator, the BK5 can also play and manipulate audio files. Play MP3 or WAV files via USB and use the onboard controls to change key signature and tempo to best suit your vocal range or performance style. You can also use the BK's Center Cancel feature to minimize the vocals from pre-existing songs to create instant karaoke-style sing-along tracks.
To expand the capabilities of the BK5, a USB port is provided for connecting to industry-standard USB storage devices such as a USB key or self-powered USB hard disk for playing and modifying/ saving files. You can also use the USB port to record your performances as audio files (WAV, 44.1KHz/16-bit linear format) on a USB storage device.
The BK5's composite video output can be connected to an external monitor, which allows the audience or other musicians onstage to follow the lyrics and chord symbols of the performedNote:
Ground shipping only. Item cannot be shipped air.