The Roland VG99 is a milestone in guitar modeling and performance technology.
In the history of guitar modeling, no manufacturer has devoted more time, resources, and passion toward its advancement than Roland - from the world's first guitar modeling processor, the legendary VG-8, to its popular V-Guitar predecessors. Today, the Roland VG-99 marks another milestone in guitar modeling and performance technology. With three powerful new processors at its core, plus expressive performance controls such as Ribbon Controller and D BEAM, this remarkable instrument raises the bar in guitar-modeling and performance technology.
Roland VG99 Features
- Dual modeling engines allow guitar and amp models to be dynamically switched, layered and combined.
- New COSM electric, acoustic and even bass guitar models, and new synth waves such as the famous GR-300.
- Guitar to MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, computers, and other MID compatible devices.
- Supports USB audio and MIDI for easy digital recording and sequencing.
- Dual GT-Pro-class effects processor enables unequalled flexible tone creation.
- Advanced performance controls, including D BEAM, V-LINK, and Ribbon Controller take guitar performance to a whole new level.
- Simple and intuitive knob based interface and new design support live performance.
- Graphical Editor software included to support sophisticated sound making.
- Versatile I/O including USB, S/PDIF, XLR provide pro connections for virtually every type of music production and performance on stage to professional studio recording *Actual product appearance may be subject to change.
The VG-99 contains an incredible range of COSM-modeled guitars and amplifiers including new electric, acoustic and bass guitar models, a new GR-300 synth wave and much more. It even models two signal paths at once. Complete dual processing of guitar modeling on the VG-99 allows you to play two different guitar sounds simultaneously. For example, one virtual guitar could be a Telecaster in a vintage Tweed amp with full effects and the other a nylon-string guitar with just a hint of reverb.
Both modeled guitar and amp paths can be active at the same time, or they can be dynamically switched or blended. You can control the switching behavior between virtual guitars and/or amps by foot controllers, buttons/knobs on the unit, or according to your picking dynamics. Imagine playing softly for an acoustic-guitar sound, then transitioning to a full metal blast simply by picking more aggressively. Furthermore, each modeled guitar can be separately assigned to individual guitar strings. For example, you could have a 12-string guitar on 1st to 4th string and Synth-bass for 5th and 6th.
The VG-99 can produce custom tunings — anything the player desires on any virtual guitar. A virtual Les Paul®, for example, could be tuned down four or five steps for a heavy sound, while a nylon string could be tuned as a 12-string, and also tuned down four or five steps at the same time. Open and drop tunings are also supported as well as user-defined custom tunings and can be applied to any COSM guitar, so the player can switch instantly between tuning setups without physically switching guitars or having to manually retune.
Guitar Performance in Higher Dimension
With its new performance-based design, the VG-99 can be placed within a player’s easy reach on stage by using an optional PDS-10 stand. This new style setup allows various new performance possibilities such as D BEAM, Ribbon Controller and more. In combination with the versatile new foot controller FC-300, the VG-99 takes your guitar performance on stage to a whole new dimension.
You asked for it, now Roland delivers the most-requested new features in the VG-99, including an onboard guitar-to-MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, etc. Audio output via USB or S/PDIF digital out, and optional RAD-99 rack mount adaptor further enhance your music production environment. Built-in stereo XLR and 1/4 inch outputs are ideal for live stage performances and touring. The striking new on-screen editor makes programming the VG-99 super easy and fun.
M.I. Products: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
Instrument Amps: 3 years (1 year on speakers) parts, 2 years labor
Rackmount Power Amps & EQs: 3 years parts & labor
BOSS Compact Pedals: 5 years parts, 90 days labor
BOSS (other): 1 year parts, 90 days. labor
ep, MT, TL, E-Series: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
CPM-300 Powered Mixer: 3 years parts, 3 years labor
AC Adapters, Mech, Footswitches, Headsets: 90 days parts, 90 days labor