The MKE 2 digital is a professional solution for mobile recording. Whether videos, recording or interviews: With its wide range of applications, the MKE 2 plug-in microphone is already regarded as a legend for large- and small-scale productions.
While delivering top-quality musical images for speech and song, its tandem membrane provides it with a high degree of robustness against all environmental influences. The condenser microphone is connected via Lightning to modern iOS devices – allowing the jack socket to remain free for monitoring headphones as needed. An external converter from the Apogee high-end forge undertakes the digital signal conversion. With 96 kHz and 24 bit, the signal surpasses any CD quality available. The corresponding apps (MetaRecorder and Maestro) for recording and control are included in the package.
In addition, the apps deliver metadata for the further processing, thus making the recording a simple matter. Essential features of MetaRecorder can be controlled from Apple Watch – start and stop recording, add a take to Favorites, add Markers or set your microphone input level. There are, of course, many other apps that can also directly access the microphone.
Sennheiser MKE2 Digital Clip On Lavalier Mic iOS Features
- Sennheiser MKE 2 omni-directional microphone capsule
- Dual-diaphragm design virtually eliminates “sweat-outs”
- Wide frequency response
- Rugged interface for professional field use
- Apple MFi Certified Lightning connector
- Apogee 24 bit/96 kHz digital connection to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Made for: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation)
- Requirements: iOS version: 8.0 and later
- Connection/Power: Lightning