The Shure KSM9 CG Handheld Condenser Microphone is a dual-pattern (cardioid and supercardioid) mic designed expressly for live vocal performance applications. The KSM9 removes the boundary between the studio and stage, offering the finest and clearest performance on modern high-end touring systems. The large dual diaphragm provides consistent polar response across the entire frequency range, for higher gain-before-feedback and minimal proximity effect for clear vocal reproduction.
Shure KSM9 Features
- Dual .75-inch gold layered, low mass Mylar diaphragms provide superior frequency response.
- Dual polar patterns (cardioid and supercardioid) for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of performance applications.
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparent, extremely fast transient response with no crossover distortion and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion.
- Advanced suspension shock mount system that isolates cartridge from handling and stand noise.
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Three-stage grille reduces pop and breath noise
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Smooth, pronounced high end response
- Upper mid-range sounds accurate and articulate without sounding harsh
- Reduced proximity effect
- Focused low end response
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Shure KSM9 Specifications
- Cartridge Type: Condenser (Electret Biased)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms (actual)
- Phantom Power: 48 Vdc ± 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 5.2 mA typical at 48 Vdc
- Common Mode Rejection: >60 dB, 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Directional Polar Patterns: Cardioid,
- Sensitivity (typical; at 1000 Hz; 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL): -51 dBV/Pa
- Self-noise (typical, equivalent SPL; A-weighted, IEC 651): 22 dB
- Maximum SPL at 1000 Hz:
- 2500 Ohm load: 152 dB
- 1000 Ohm load: 152 dB
- Output Clipping Level*:
- 2500 Ohms load: 6.7 dBV
- 1000 Ohms load: 6.0 dBV
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Ohms load: 130 dB
- 1000 Ohms load: 130 dB
- Signal to Noise ratio**: 72 dB
- Dimensions and Weight: 49 mm (1 15/16 in.) maximum body
diameter, 191 mm (7.5 in.) long; 300
grams (10.6 oz).
Most sensitive to sounds directly in front of the microphone and is least sensitive to those in back. Cardioid is the most commonly used pattern in live sound applications. Its slightly wider pick-up pattern is more forgiving at picking up off-axis sound.
The narrower pattern provides greater rejection of off-axis sound and maximun gain before feedback. The supercardioid pattern is ideal for use in loud environments or applications in which sound sources are very close to each other.
The KSM9 requires phantom power and performs optimally with a 48 Vdc supply (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596). However, it will operate with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity with power supplies as low as 11 Vdc.
Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
Aluminum die cast construction with painted champagne or chacoal finish, and hardened steel mesh grille with painted finish.
*100 Hz to 20 kHz;THD < 1%.
**S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted.