The ATA Fly Racks by SKB are another innovation to help musicians and professionals to protect and transport their electronics and gear. Fly Racks are less than half the weight of standard shock racks.
SKB 3i-2217 iSeries Fly Rack Case Features
- Removable shock rack cage
- 13 inch rack depth
- ABS Plastic cover on top and bottom of removable frame
- Interior foam protection
- Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- Complete gasket seal makes these cases absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67
- Molded-in hinges
- TSA Acceptable trigger release latch system
- Convenient push button release pull handle and in-line wheels for easy transport
- Rubber over-molded cushion grip handles
- Locking loops to accommodate a customer supplied lock
The internal Fly Rack frames are made in Orange, California and built of high strength, lightweight aluminum alloy and 11 gauge hot rolled carbon steel rack rails just like the Military Grade Shock Racks. The internal frame contains front and rear rack rails with a 13" rack depth. ABS plastic covers the top and bottom of the removable shock rack for added protection when the rack is out of the case. The rack frame easily fits into SKB's iSeries case that is protected by high quality PE foam that provides space for protruding knobs and buttons. Convenient in-line wheels and push button release pull handle provide easy transport. iSeries Watertight cases are lightweight and under 62 linear inches to keep from being oversized - the perfect solution when flying or shipping delicate equipment. Fly Racks are less than half the weight of standard shock racks.
iSeries injection molded waterproof cases are constructed of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin and feature a gasketed, waterproof and airtight, submersible design (IP67) that is resistant to corrosion and impact damage. Its molded-in hinges, TSA acceptable trigger release latch system, comfortable, snap-down rubber over-molded cushion grip handle, secure stacking, and automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (MIL-STD-648C) all contribute to its military grade design.