The TASCAM 2488 mkII is the follow-up to the best-selling, simple-to-use 24-track recording and mixing workstation for home studios.
Like the original 2488, eight inputs can be simultaneously recorded into the XLR and 1/4 inch inputs. 19 physical faders control the mixdown channels, and each channel has 3-band EQ and access to three built-in effects processors. The built-in CD-RW drive can record the master mix in addition to backing up the hard drive and importing WAV files. New features include a larger hard drive, new LCD display, new guitar effects and improved CD mastering capabilities.
The 2488mkII adds an 80GB hard drive, double the size of the previous version. Improved guitar overdrive effects have been added, and the Slow-Speed Audition feature from TASCAM's line of CD Trainers is included for learning new music. A large, bright display makes the unit even easier to use, and new CD mastering features include defining tracks in a live recording and a faster CD burner.
TASCAM 2488 mkII Features
- 3-band EQ on 24 channels, 8 inputs and stereo bus with high and low sweepable shelving bands and full parametric mid band
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Loop effect provides reverb, delay, chorus and more on an aux send and return
- Assignable Guitar multi-effects processor for overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, flange and more
- Up to eight assignable dynamics processors for compression during recording or mixdown
- Dedicated Stereo Compressor on the stereo output
- Eight inputs: 4 XLR with phantom power double as 1/4 inch mic/line inputs, plus four more 1/4 inch mic/line inputs
- Nineteen 45mm faders including master fader
- LCD display for viewing meters and edit parameters
- 250 Virtual tracks
- CD-RW drive to record Audio CDs, import/export WAV files and backup hard drive
- High-speed USB 2.0 jack connects to PC or Mac for data backup and SMF/WAV file
- Recording resolution: 44.1kHz, 16-bit or 24-bit
- Dimensions: 21.5 W x 14 D x 5.7 inches H
- Weight: 17.6 lbs