Ideal for a variety of installations, the TASCAM CD-400U is a professional, versatile and reliable media player. The 400U delivers the latest wireless and solid state technology content playback by offering CD, Bluetooth wireless, SD, USB, and AM/FM tuner capability for fast and easy playback of professional quality audio. Recording from the CD or AM/FM source to SD or USB media is possible. An excellent choice for for institutions, music venues, retail, schools, restaurant applications, and more.
TASCAM CD-400U CD Player, Media Player and AM/FM Receiver Features
- CD/SD/USB/and FM/AM tuner realtime audio playback
- Wireless Bluetooth playback when paired with a Bluetooth-enabled device like a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Outputs: XLR, RCA X 2, and headphone
- 1/8” audio input for playback from any external source
- Power on Play function starts audio playback automatically when powered on
- Panel Lock function disables buttons to avoid unauthorized operation or programming
- Real time recording from CD or FM/AM tuner to SD or USB media
- External control via RS-232C
- Control via ethernet with optional IF-E100 ethernet card is planned in the future
Professional audio connections are provided in the form of XLR balanced outputs, RCA unbalanced outputs, a 2nd set of RCA outputs dedicated to the AM/FM audio, an 1/8” auxiliary input for utilizing audio from any source, and headphones for quick and silent monitoring and confirmation of operation.
The CD-400U has also been designed for full-proof and automatic operation wth the inclusion of a panel lockfunction which disables the panel buttons, and an automatic playback function which starts playback upon power up.
Lastly, to ensure seamless integration into more comple systems, external control is possible using the standard RS - 232C terminal.
Supported media: CD, CD-R* (only CD-DA format), CD-RW, SD cards* (512 MB – 2 GB), SDHC cards* (4 GB – 32 GB), USB flash drives* (512 MB – 64 GB)
* Media must be formatted FAT16/32.
Playback file formats: CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, MP3: 44.1 / 48 kHz, 32–320 kbps and VBR (MPEG1/2 Audio Layer-3), WAV (USB/SD only): 44.1/48 kHz, 16 bit, WMA 44.1/48 kHz, 32–320 kbps and VBR (WMA ver.9 standard, DRM not supported), AAC (USB/SD only) 44.1/48 kHz, 8–320 kbps and VBR (MPEG4 AAC-LC (Audio stream))
Number of channels: 2 channels (stereo), 1 channel (mono)
Dubbing file formats MP3: 44.1 kHz, 96/128/192/320 kbps (96/128kbps with tuner)