The DP-24SD Digital Portastudio is a 24-track workstation, allowing eight tracks of simultaneous recording. The built-in mixer includes everything you need for a professional-sounding mix, from EQ and reverb to amp simulation and multi-band mastering effects. The Digital Portastudio series creates finished productions without the need for a computer, instead using a simple-to-use control surface to keep you creative.
For clear display of your mix, the DP-24SD has a large color LCD displaying tracks, meters, and effects parameters. A set of 12 encoders control EQ, effects sends, and panning. Built-in effects include compression, guitar amp modeling, delay, reverb, with a total of 10 effects processors available during mixing.
Eight XLR mic/line inputs each provide phantom power for condenser microphones, switchable in banks of four. One input includes an instrument-level impedence switch for direct input recording of guitar or bass. Balanced monitor outputs and effects sends are also provided on the rear panel. A USB output allows tracks and mixes recorded to your SD card to be transferred to a computer for CD burning or sharing online.
TASCAM DP-24SD Digital Portastudio Recorder Features
19 faders eliminates layer structuring
- Simultaneous 24-track playback
- 12 mono tracks + 6 stereo tracks
- Simultaneous 8-track recording
- 16 or 24 bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz recording
- 8 XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Phantom power supplied on all inputs (INPUT A-D,E-H)
- High-impedance input available (INPUT H)
- Stereo RCA output
- 2 effect send outputs (1/4 inch TS jack)
- 70mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
- INPUT A-H and each track equipped with 3-band EQ
- Automatic punch in/out
- Various edit functions (COPY INSERT, COPY PASTE, MOVE INSERT, MOVE PASTE, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Undo and Redo function with Undo history
- Dynamics effects for input (Limiter, Compressor, Noise Suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar effects (Amp Simulator, Reverb, Compressor, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser)
- Mix-down effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo Chorus)
- Mastering Effects (Multi-band Compressor, Equalizer, Dither, Normalize)
- Track bounce function
- Virtual track (8 virtual track per one track: including use track)
- Locate mark up to 99 for one song
- File transferring via USB2.0
- Chromatic tuner
- 19 Faders
- Peak-hold function on the level meter of the LCD
- Sub-frame editing
- Dedicated AC adapter included (TASCAM GPE248-120200-Z)
- SD card included
- RoHS certified
Even with the DP-24SD's number of tracks and features, there's no easier multi-track recorder to use. Nineteen track faders and one master fader allows instant access to any track without selecting pages or banks of faders.
A 3.5 inch full-color LCD and self-illuminated buttons for increased visibility
Both models have a 3.5" LCD screen and select, self-illuminated buttons - making it easy to view your entire creative process. Some of the illuminated buttons include (SOURCE, SELECT, REC, MUTE).
12 rotary knobs are linked to the LCD for easy operation
The DP-24SD have similarly employed rotary knobs to control dynamics such as EQ, effect send and other related features.
Solid-state SD/SDHC media ensures confident recording, free from shock and vibration
The DP-24SD employ SD/SDHC media. SD/SDHC cards provide secure shock resistance due to the absence of any moving parts. File format of the DP-24SD is FAT 16 or 32. The Portastudio recorded files can be accessed on your computer when connected via USB.
8 XLR/TRS inputs, 8 channel recording, 24 track playback
Both units have 8 XLR-TRS combo inputs. You can record up to eight sources at one time.
INPUT A-H and each track are equipped with 3-band EQ
The equalizer for each track and each input are independent from other effects. Record like any professional studio with EQ for each individual track.
8 dynamics effects, guitar effects and mix-down effects
Use up to 8 dynamics effects at once, one for each input source. For example, utilize the built-in compressor effect for your bass, guitar and drum tracks. A multieffects processor includes guitar amp modeling, chorus, flange, delay and other effects. When the mutlieffects processor is used, only four dynamics effects are available. The stereo reverb on send/return 1 is always available.
Mastering effects provided without the need for other devices
Create a master track without using a computer with the TASCAM mastering effects. In the mastering effect section you will find a 3-band equalizer, a 3-band multiband compressor and 3 normalize effects for setting peak amplitude - take your stereo master file to the next level of quality.