TASCAM's DR680 brings multi-channel portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings.
Up to eight tracks can be recorded to solid-state SD card media at 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV quality. Six mic inputs provide phantom power and 60dB of gain for great-sounding recordings with your condenser microphones. Record the six microphones along with a digital S/PDIF source for 8 track recording. Each mic input has a selectable low cut filter and analog limiter for optimal sound.
TASCAM DR680 Multitrack Portable Digital Recorder Features:
- 8 track portable recording
- Record eight individual inputs or six inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 192kHz/24-bit recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running two units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128x64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
- Premium AKM Audio4Pro 192kHz A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the six mics for quick stereo playback of the event. There's even a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
In addition to WAV recording up to 96kHz, the DR680 captures stereo audio at 192kHz/24-bit for audiophile-quality masters. The DR680 records up to four channels of MP3 audio for web-ready recordings. Two of the recorders can be connected with a cascade cable for up to 14-track recording on battery power.
Multi-channel portable recording has never been as simple or affordable as the TASCAM DR680!