As audio interface manufacturers strive to design products that help bridge the gap between studio-quality recording and home recording, TASCAM built the bridge. Meet the UH-7000 USB interface and stand-alone microphone preamp. Applying brand new technology, TASCAM developed HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) Mic Preamps for this mighty device.
The UH-7000 HDIA mic pre’s and their fully-balanced input to output analog signal can be fully utilized in ‘Stand-Alone Mode.’ After months of testing and development of the HDIA mic pre’s, TASCAM is proud to list -128 dBU EIN, 117 dB S/N ratio and 0.0009 percent THD levels. These numbers prove the quietness and superiority of the UH-7000 circuitry inside.
TASCAM UH-7000 USB Audio Interface Features
- Supports 24-bit/192kHz USB transmission and AD/DA conversion
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Burr-Brown PCM4220 AD converter
- Burr-Brown PCM1795 DA converter
- HDIA microphone preamps: -128dB EIN
- Thin-film metal resistors with outstanding noise performance
- High audio quality film capacitors with low distortion
- Low-latency monitoring through the DSP mixer
- DSP mixer can be switched between multitrack and stereo mix modes
- DSP mixer enables independent adjustment of recording and monitoring levels
- Line or digital outputs can be selected using the DSP mixer
- DSP dynamics effects can be applied to inputs, outputs or the master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-esser, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut)
- DSP REVERB (hall, room, live, studio, plate) send effect is perfect for monitoring when recording
- Link line function enables volume control of powered monitors
- Single-punch MIXER PANEL button
- Strong, highly-durable aluminum body
- Large INPUT level knobs enable precise adjustment of input levels
- Two 20-segment LED level meters
- Standard TRS headphones output jack 45mW/channel output
- +48 phantom power supply
- Two balanced analog XLR jacks for both input and output
- Professional output specifications (maximum output level: +24 dBu)
- Two balanced analog TRS input jacks
- XLR digital input and output jacks support AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU) and IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF) formats
- IEC AC input cable
- Half-rack size
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software, including Sonar X3, ProTools, Cubase and Live
- RoHS compliant
HDIA mic pre’s are not all the unit has to offer. The UH-7000 is also designed with a dual-sided Burr Brown AD converter to maintain separated input paths and true high-resolution signals. Maintaining a stable communication and frequencies between a computer and an interface is integral to reach professional quality recordings.
The TCXO clock generator installed in the UH-7000 does just that. Without a stable clock signal, little jitters can occur and disrupt musical nuances that shouldn’t be missed in a recording. For monitoring purposes and digital output the UH-7000 coerces your audio through a Burr Brown DA converter to deliver fluid and honest sound reproduction. Record everything confidently with the UH-7000.
Another crucial component of the UH-7000 is the extra-large power transformer. This key factor guarantees that all internal components work to their full potential. Even the highest quality microphone preamps are of no use if they don’t have a sufficient power source behind them. Most competing interfaces fall short in this category.
The unit itself is not only a figurative bridge between home and studio recording, but it is built like one too. With a solid aluminum structure, it’s easy to see that the UH-7000 means business. The knobs are meticulously calibrated for smooth, tension-controlled gain setting and the bright 3-color LED VU meters accurately depict each channel’s true level.
The device is equipped with (2) XLR balanced inputs with full +48V phantom power, (2) balanced 1/4 inch inputs, (2) balanced XLR outputs, and AES/EBU digital out. Work the fantastic preamps of the UH-7000 into your current recording/live setup, or plug this versatile interface into your computer to start recording.
Stop treading water between two worlds, and take the bridge to studio-quality recording with the UH-7000 USB Interface and Stand-Alone Microphone Preamplifier.