A pro-grade interface with great I/O capabilities, 8 high-end mic preamps and up to 192kHz/24-bit recording, all in a single rack space! Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps provide 56dB of gain and high headroom to make microphones sound their best. Up to ten channels of digital I/O are included on ADAT and S/PDIF connectors, with word clock also provided for use with external clocks like TASCAM’s CG-1000. MIDI I/O allows use with controllers and synthesizers, and sample rates up to 192kHz/24-bit are supported.
The TASCAM Celesonic US-20x20 is the first USB 3.0 interface to use class-compliant drivers for future-proof use with computers and tablets. A built-in DSP mixer includes parametric EQ and compression on every channel and a stereo reverb send for great-sounding monitor mixes. The DSP mixer can also be used as a live mixer or submixer with computer control. The US-20x20 has three operation modes – audio interface, digital mixer, and 8-channel digital mic preamp –for maximum flexibility.
Tascam Celesonic US20x20 20 in 20 out USB Audio Interface Features
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide high headroom for dynamic tracks
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with −125dBu EIN
- Eight Ultra-HDDA micpres with XLR/TRS and connector, two TRS inputs
- 3 mode switching of Interface/Mic preamp/Mixer
- Up to 192kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac
- USB 3.0/2.0 computer connection (USB3.0 requires Windows 10 or OSX 10.11.2 (or later))
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power for all inputs
- High-impedance inputs available
- Input level specifications boast a range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
- Tough metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Two standard TRS headphones output jack with 70mW + 70mW output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Low-latency monitoring via on-board DSP mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel(Can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- On-board Reverb effect ideal for monitoring on interface mode or PA/SR on mixer mode
- Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely(Can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- Scenes can store DSP mixer settings (up to 10+1 scenes can be stored and named)
- Ten TRS analog outputs
- S/PDIF coaxial digital input/output connectors
- TOS LINK optical digital multichannel input/output connectors (supporting SMUX2 and SMUX4)
- BNC word clock input/output connectors
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, GarageBand)
- RoHS certified
- Rack-mount adapter included
- Dedicated AC adapter included
- USB2.0 cable and USB3.0 cable included
TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide up to 57dB of gain with the highest headroom in their class. Meaning your tracks won't be distorted before they even hit your computer, resulting in sweeter mids and deep soundstaging.
Popularized in TASCAM's HS-P82 professional broadcast and film recorders, Ultra HDDA preamps have the performance to handle condenser, dynamic, and ribbon microphones. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
Eight Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps with 20dB of headroom
Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps, an original TASCAM design, use discrete construction for superior audio quality. TASCAM has achieved an EIN rating of -125 dBu (EIN is a value measurement of the absence of noise). The preamps have over 20dB of headroom, well above competing interfaces. This headroom is especially helpful on high SPL sources like drums and guitars
With other ratings that include a signal-to-noise ratio of 104 dB, we have achieved an extremely high level of audio performance. The key electronic components were selected through extensive listening tests.
Direct Inputs for Guitar and Bass
Two instrument-level inputs are provided for direct input of guitar or bass. Make the most of guitar effect plug-ins, such as the TH2 effect that is included with Cakewalk SONAR.
High-grade Components Selected Through Careful Listening Tests
The TASCAM US Series interfaces have been engineered using the finest components available. Critical electronics such as the Audio4pro ADDA Converter by AKM Corporation enable the interface to boast a 104dB S/N ratio. TASCAM continues the legacy of creating products with professional high-end audio performance.
20 Inputs and 20 Outputs To Handle the Biggest Sessions
With (8) XLR/TRS inputs, (2) TRS inputs, multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial, and optical digital connectors, the US-20x20 provides a total of twenty simultaneous inputs when operating at 44.1kHz or 48kHz. Twenty simultaneous outputs are also transmitted from your DAW at 44.1kHz or 48kHz utilizing the (10) TRS line outputs, S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital outputs. The ADAT optical input/output support SMUX2 and SMUX4 - required for high sampling rates. Using (2) US-20x20 and the optical digital connections, it is possible to configure a (16) microphone recording system.
Advanced DSP mixer with EQ and compression on each channel
An obstacle with computer-based recording is latency (delayed audio signals). New USB 3.0 driver software has been developed to eliminate latency issues and driver set-up problems. In addition, the built-in mixer provides near-zero latency monitoring while recording. It utilizes the high-performance Dual Core BlackFin DSP making it possible to offer 4-band EQ and compression on each channel. A stereo reverb is also provided for great-sounding headphone mixes.