A compact vocal toolbox, the Mic Mechanic 2 is your own personal sound engineer in an easy to use pedal. Mic Mechanic 2 provides time-tested tone and effects you can take anywhere to always sound your best.
TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 Effects Pedal Features
- 8 high quality Reverb and Echo presets
- Separate Reverb (Room, Studio, Hall) and Delay (Tap and Slap), with combinations of both
- Footswitch tapping can match echoes to song tempo
- Tone button for Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-essing and Gatingdes
- Battery operation (batteries optional)
- Auto Chromatic Pitch Correction
- Easy connection between standard mic and mixer
- Phantom power always available
- Low noise microphone pre-amp
- Automatic input gain – no more setting and adjusting input gain
- Mic Control for remote on/off switching with optional TC-Helicon MP-75, MP-76 (main button only) and Sennheiser e835 FX mics
- Individual style select/mix controls for Reverb and Echo
- Rugged all-metal construction
- USB connection to VoiceSupport application offering updates, product-specific news and more
- 9V operation (vs 12V) to accommodate common pedalboard power supplies
In the studio, top-shelf effects processors enhance your voice, providing the depth, warmth, and nuance that make you the undeniable star of the show. But top-shelf gear comes with a hefty price tag and typically requires an engineer to get it right; that is... until now! Like a professional audio engineer in-a-box, MIC MECHANIC 2 delivers your vocal in all its glory, with the perfect selection of studio-grade eff ects. Thanks to its built-in reverb, echo, pitch correction, and Adaptive Tone, MIC MECHANIC 2 puts all the magic right at your feet in a single and affordable stompbox – and it's so easy to use.
Reverb simulates a physical space, allowing your voice to fit into the music perfectly. Whether it’s something small like a room or large like a concert hall, Mic Mechanic 2’s vocally tuned reverb compliments your voice and enhances every performance.
Put It On Repeat
Echo (the effect formally known as delay) allows you to add repeats of your vocals, timed with your music. This cool effect helps your vocals really gel with the song. Whether you choose a lot of repeats, repeats, repeats… or just a few, you’re in control. Mic Mechanic 2 also allows you to set the tempo via the footswitch, so it’s as easy as tapping your foot in time with the music.
A Helping Hand
We’re all human and nobody hits every note perfectly.
With transparent auto-chromatic pitch correction, we nudge your pitch to the nearest semitone. It won’t turn a potato into a spaceship, but it can give you a little support when you need it most.
Who Needs Knobs?
Mucking about with mic gain can be a real hassle, especially if you’re in a hurry or at a new and unfamiliar venue. Mic Mechanic 2 automatically sets your mic gain, so you never have to worry whether things are set correctly.
Your Personal Sound Tech
Adaptive EQ (equalization), compression, de-ess, and gate automatically control the timbre and shape of your vocal, ensuring that every note you sing is clean and clear. Because when the crowd can hear what you’re singing, they can sing along and there is nothing is better than that!
Sometimes it’s just not feasible to find a power outlet when you’re performing. That doesn’t mean you should be without your Mic Mechanic 2! It can be powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) in addition to the optional 9V adapter.
VoiceSupport - The Tool That Grows With You
Your Mic Mechanic 2 will evolve with you - VoiceSupport gives you new FX presets, new firmware updates, and maintains your personal database of presets. Download it now on a Mac or Windows computer with a USB input.
More Mic, More Control
Now you can control your effects from a mic engineered for the sonic realities of modern vocal performance. Add the TC-Helicon MP-75, the Sennheiser e835 FX or use the main control button on the TC-Helicon MP-76.