Much more than just a direct box, the SansAmp Bass Driver DI is capable of dialing up big vintage tube tones, bright modern slap sounds, gnarly distortions, and all in between. Three different outputs to drive power amps, recording desks, PA mixers, or simply enhance your current rig. Controls include Presence for definition and upper harmonic content; Blend to combine the proportion of direct signal and SansAmp circuitry; and active EQ specifically tuned for bass with 12dB of cut or boost.
With the popularity of 5- and 6-string basses going beyond fad status and becoming mainstream, Tech 21 added a switch to adjust the bass frequency to extend into those lower registers. They also added a mid-range control and a switch to adjust its frequency. The core of the SansAmp Bass Driver and all of its tones remain true to its original design.
Tech 21 SansAmp BSDR V2 Bass Driver DI Features
- The controls offer a broad range of traditional bass amp sounds, including such meaty styles as Bassman and SVT, as well as raunchy, crunchy overdriven sounds that would typically require a multitude of effects units
- PRESENCE: controls the amount of definition and upper harmonic content
- DRIVE: adjusts the overall gain structure and overdrive
- LEVEL: regulates the XLR and effected 1/4" output levels
- BLEND: allows you to mix the direct bass signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry (which is particularly useful for basses equipped with piezo pickups)
- MID, BASS and TREBLE: are active EQ controls, specifically tuned for bass guitar that cut or boost +/- 12dB. MID SHIFT switch changes the frequency from 500 HZ to 1000 Hz. BASS SHIFT switch changes the frequency from 40 Hz to 80 Hz
For studio and live applications, SansAmp Bass Driver DI is engineered with three outputs: an effected XLR, and effected 1/4-inch, and a parallel, unaffected 1/4-inch. The footswitch activates the Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry. Disengaging the circuitry enables you to use SansAmp Bass Driver DI as a standard active transparent direct box.
Sample style settings include Bassman, SVT, King's X, Slap, Reggae, Crimson. Settings are also included for Chapman Stick and Acoustic guitar.