Apollo 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with QUAD Processing. The Apollo 16 delivers enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Perfect for professional studios, this 18 x 20 Thunderbolt interface offers twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p, making it ideal for pairing with mixing consoles and outboard processors.
Flagship UA Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound.
Apollo 16 is the flagship of Universal Audio’s acclaimed Apollo recording interface range for Mac and Windows — giving professional and commercial studios UA’s finest A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and realtime workflow of classic analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo 16 distinguishes itself with 16 x 16 analog I/O, onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins — which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio — without taxing your host Mac or PC.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Track through UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix® LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Pair with mixing consoles and other outboard gear via 16 x 16 analog I/O on DB-25 connections
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt,* adding DSP and I/O as needed
The original Apollo interface quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers, tracking literally hundreds of hit records. Apollo 16 improves upon this studio standard with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — offering 2 dB better A/D and 8 dB better D/A dynamic range versus the original Apollo. Tuned through an obsessive auditioning of converters and double-blind listening tests, Apollo 16’s sound quality is extremely open and natural, rivaling or exceeding dedicated mastering-grade converters costing thousands more.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo 16 provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix® LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild® compressors, the legendary Pultec® EQs, and the UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,† it’s like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
“UAD plug-ins are amazing...I’ve used them on all my projects
for the last few years.”
— Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
A Scalable 64 x 64 Thunderbolt System for Professional Studios
Apollo 16 is the ideal interface for professional studios, offering 16 x 16 analog I/O on DB-25 connections — twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p models — plus L/R monitor outputs and AES/EBU digital I/O. This makes it perfect for pairing with mixing consoles or other outboard processors at the center of a modern studio.
When it’s time to expand, Apollo 16’s dual built-in Thunderbolt ports allow you to add up to three additional Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices* — for a networked system with 64 x 64 simultaneous analog I/O and 32 cores of UAD plug-in processing. Apollo 16 also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Next-generation Apollos are the interface of choice for hit-making professionals, as used to record breakthrough albums by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more.
Apollo 16 Key Features:
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows* with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 16 x 16 simultaneous analog I/O on DB-25 connections, plus L/R monitor outputs and AES/EBU digital I/O
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt*
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
* Windows 10 Thunderbolt compatibility coming Fall/Winter 2016. Visit www.uaudio.com for details.
† Apollo 16 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.