Class-leading sonic performance and elegant design - it’s what you’ve come to expect from Universal Audio. As a sleek, new update to the world’s most celebrated professional recording interface for Mac and Windows, the Apollo 8 DUO not only pays homage to UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship - it builds upon a legend.
Universal Audio Apollo 8 DUO Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The 18 x 24 Apollo 8 DUO Thunderbolt is the ideal choice for project and commercial studios striving to achieve the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Thanks to its four Unison™-enabled mic preamps, UAD-2 DUO Core processing, and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, you’ll enjoy the same class-leading sonic performance heard on breakthrough recordings by artists such as Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), Dr. Dre (Compton), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), and many more.
And as if THAT weren’t enough…
Universal Audio has sweetened the pot with Apollo 8 DUO by including a bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins. You’ll love the preamp emulations from Neve®, API®, Manley® and more. When it’s time to track or mix, you can choose from Teletronix® LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, and a 610-B Preamp. But there’s no need to worry about how these sophisticated plug-ins might clog up your software’s buffer or bog down your computer’s CPU, because UA has achieved near-zero latency utilizing their proprietary Unison™ technology.
More About Unison™
We daresay there isn’t a musician, engineer or producer alive who hasn’t wanted to track through such sought-after mic preamps as those from Neve, Manley, API, and Universal Audio themselves. Apollo 8 DUO, with its four Unison-enabled mic preamps, allows you to realize that dream. Unison technology accurately emulates the tone of these “holy grail” tube and solid state mic preamps by precisely duplicating their unique performance characteristics. From input impedance and the gain stage “sweet spots,” right down to component-level circuit behaviors of the original classics — Unison totally nails it. Simply assign a Unison preamp plug-in to your mic input, and revel in the classic tones produced by some of the world’s most revered microphone preamps.
Now with Vintage Amps and Stompboxes
You’ll even find Unison technology hard at work on Apollo 8 DUO’s front panel instrument inputs. Plug in and rock out through dead-on accurate, impedance-matched emulations of a Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, or one of many other classic guitar amplifiers. Electric bassists will love the selection of historic bass amps such as the Ampeg B-15N. You can even patch in a vintage Ibanez Tube Screamer and other iconic effects pedals.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Don’t you wish you could effortlessly add I/O and DSP as your studio grows? Well, Apollo 8 DUO Thunderbolt can simultaneously support 18 x 24 inputs and outputs via its two Thunderbolt ports. And by utilizing Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices. Apollo 8 even allows you to seamlessly integrate previous generation Apollos via Thunderbolt.
Apollo 8 DUO Key Features:
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 4 Unison™-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio
- Built-in UAD-2 DUO Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Visit www.uaudio.com for a detailed look into all Apollo 8 DUO compatibility specs and options.
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
† Apollo 8 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.