Class-leading sonic performance and elegant design - it’s what you’ve come to expect from Universal Audio. As a sleek, new update to the world’s most celebrated professional recording interface for Mac and Windows, the Apollo 8 DUO not only pays homage to UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship - it builds upon a legend.
Next-Generation Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound.
Apollo 8 is the world’s most acclaimed professional recording interface for Mac and Windows, giving project and commercial studios superior A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and realtime workflow of classic analog recording.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo 8 DUO distinguishes itself with four Unison™-enabled mic preamps, UAD-2 DUO Core processing, and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins — which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio — without taxing your host Mac or PC.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve®, API® & Manley® Preamps
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve®, API®, Manley® and more using Unison™ technology†
- Mix with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix® LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
Apollo 8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio.† An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in the included Console application, and tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo 8 provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix® LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild® compressors, the legendary Pultec® EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer,® Manley, API, Ampex,® Lexicon,® Fender,® and more,† it’s like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
“UAD plug-ins are amazing… I’ve used them on
all my projects for the last few years.”
- Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. In designing the next-generation Apollo range, UA engineers started with an obsessive auditioning of the latest A/D and D/A converters, ultimately pairing the selected 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for the optimal signal path. Apollo 8 provides increased dynamic range and lower THD versus other interfaces — rivaling dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo 8 is the interface of choice for hit-making professionals, as used to record breakthrough albums by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo 8 offers 18 x 24 simultaneous inputs/outputs, with two built-in Thunderbolt ports. Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo 8 also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Now with Vintage Amps and Stompboxes
New for Apollo 8 is Unison technology on the front panel instrument inputs, giving you dead-on, impedance-matched emulations of iconic stompboxes and guitar and bass amps — like the included Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp and Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp plug-ins — and other award-winning titles like the Fender® '55 Tweed Deluxe. †
Apollo 8 DUO Key Features:
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with powerful Console software application
- 4 Unison™-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio†
- Built-in UAD-2 DUO Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, and more
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt*
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
† Apollo 8 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.