An absolute monster in the studio and the perfect addition to your home recording rig, the Apollo Twin Duo sets the bar extremely high for mobile recording interfaces. Universal Audio set out to make the perfect compact audio interface that could produce legendary analog sound quality, while keeping the price approachable for producers of all different levels.
The Apollo Twin Duo is a 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface that is fully compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. It combines Universal Audio’s pristine 24/192 kHz Apollo series audio conversion with real-time UAD Solo or Duo processing and patented Unison technology. The result is a preamp that produces those highly sought-after classic, warm sounds with the touch of a button.
Real-time, near-zero latency recording is complimented by an arsenal of top quality UAD plug-ins, making the Apollo Twin a real workhorse in your studio. Emulations of classic Studer, Lexicon, Neve, API, Fender and Marshall products are available at your fingertips. The Apollo Twin eliminates the need for racks upon racks of vintage gear; your coveted compressors, EQ’s, mic preamps, reverbs and guitar amplifiers are all built into the Apollo Twin.
The device's ergonomic design is integral for comfortable navigation on your desktop, while sturdy aluminum construction keeps your Apollo Twin protected from normal wear and tear. Front panel headphone and instrument jacks are positioned perfectly for ease of use and accessibility.
Apollo Twin’s breakthrough Unison technology enables you to dial in the legendary tones of tube and solid-state microphone preamps. Their sweet spots and impedance, as well as gain-stage and component-level circuit behaviors have been accurately replicated and packed into the Apollo’s software. The mind-blowing relationship between the Apollo Twin’s hardware and software enable stunning recreations of rich-sounding tube preamps, like the UA 610-B. You also have the ability to shop Universal Audio’s online store to add emulations from Manley, API, Neve and more.
The Apollo Twin boasts two best-in-class mic/line preamps, along with two analog line outputs, eight additional channels of digital input via an optical connection, and two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs with full resolution at any volume level. The built-in UAD Solo or Duo Processing allows you to use UAD plug-ins during live recording as well as for mixing. The Apollo Twin is fully compatible with Apple Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools and Live, allowing for quick and seamless ‘plug in and play’ operation. There is no steep learning curve with the Apollo Twin. It is easy to operate and its center-focused control dial makes for a refreshingly simple user interface.
Why waste time with interfaces that claim to have the best preamps? The Universal Apollo Twin Duo audio interface does exactly what it says it does; delivers studio-grade sound quality never before available in a compact device at an affordable price point. The Apollo Twin Duo is truly a must-have interface for the serious producer.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on Thunderbolt-equipped Mac and Windows systems
- Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mics preamps from Neve, API, Manley and more
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
* Apollo Twin includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.