Apollo 8 is an elegant update to one of the world’s most popular professional audio interfaces — delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 18 x 24 Thunderbolt interface features powerful UAD-2 QUAD processing, genuine UA analog design, and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, putting class-leading audio quality in a sleek new package.
Universal Audio Apollo 8 QUAD Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Real-time UAD Processing — record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Includes “Real-time Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Apollo 8 further distinguishes itself with Real-time UAD Processing and Unison technology, letting you record at near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more — including new mic preamp emulations from Neve, API and Universal Audio. Apollo Expanded software now allows cascading up to four Apollos in a single system over Thunderbolt (Mac), so you can scale up your studio as your needs grow.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo 8 improves upon the original Apollo’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. This results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.
Real-time UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
While Apollo 8’s “natural” sound is very open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Real-time UAD Processing. Available with generous UAD-2 QUAD processing onboard, Apollo’s DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — with as low as sub-2ms latency — letting you monitor and “print” audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.
The Apollo 8’s bundled “Real-time Analog Classics Plus” suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
Using Apollo, UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, putting UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) at your disposal throughout the creative process.
Four Mic Preamps with Unison Technology
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo 8’s Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps — including their impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
Unison technology is further enhanced in Apollo 8 to include its panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, giving you dead-on impedance and gain matching for new stompbox models.
Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
With Apollo 8’s Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo 8 features a host of front-panel upgrades over the original Apollo, including Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions as well as input and output metering capabilities via the new Meter button. These features combine with Apollo’s system scalability to make it the new standard in professional multi-channel audio recording.
Get the rich analog sound of UAD Powered Plug-Ins over Thunderbolt.
Universal Audio UAD2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core DSP Card Features
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on new Macs (Thunderbolt cable not included)
- 8 SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT and more (sold separately)
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
- 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
- Take UAD plug-ins on the road for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- VST, AU, RTAS, AAX 64 support
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core is Universal Audio’s most powerful DSP accelerator, giving producers and engineers high-powered access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins. This sleek desktop unit is compatible with all Thunderbolt-based Macs, and can supercharge Apollo interfaces and other UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems to run larger mixes filled with rich analog emulation plug-ins. In creating UAD plug-ins, Universal Audio’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to give you all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core includes eight SHARC processors, and its Thunderbolt 2 technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to FireWire 800. The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle, and provides access to more than 90 plug-ins from brands including Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Pultec, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).