A complete ground-up redesign of the original, highly successful Apollo Twin, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MKII expands the interface’s dynamic range, while maintaining extremely low THD (Total Harmonic Distortion). Next-generation sound quality is achieved courtesy of Unison™ technology, where dual mic preamps and a front-panel DI emulate the kind of world-class gear musicians only dream about. Gain stage “sweet spots” and circuit behaviors of tube and solid-state preamps, as well as the cream-of-the-crop guitar amps and stompboxes are all faithfully recreated.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo Thunderbolt Interface Features
Realtime UAD-2 Processing
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
UA enjoys a 60-year legacy of audio artistry, and that has never been more evident than with the design of the Apollo Twin Duo MKII. Derived from UA’s flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16, UA’s next-generation A/D and D/A convertors deliver pristine audio and rich, warm sound.
Track with near-zero latency in real time through Apollo Twin MKII’s included bundle of “Realtime Analog Classics”, the suite of UAD analog plug-ins with a signal chain that includes the authentic Sound of Neve®, API® and Manley® Preamps. Mix with emulations of legendary gear like Teletronix® LA 2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, and the 610 B Preamp. Thanks to UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, the sound of countless hit records lies at your fingertips.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MKII also allows you to mix and master within your favorite DAW, offloading the strain on your host Mac or PC processor. VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format are all fully supported.
Built-In Talkback Mic and Improved Monitoring
With Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching, the Apollo Twin Duo MkII’s monitoring represents a huge leap forward from the popular Apollo Twin. There is even a handy built-in Talkback mic, making communication with talent and/or recording slate cues a snap. Monitor remote controls help you easily regulate the sound in your listening environment.
Build As You Go
Don’t you wish you could effortlessly add I/O and DSP as your studio grows? With the UAD Apollo Twin Duo MKII, you’ll enjoy true scalability by combining up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — including previous generation Apollos — to expand DSP power and I/O’s via the Apollo Twin Duo MKII’s Thunderbolt ports.
The Elegant App
The Apollo Twin Duo MkII's completely redesigned Console 2.0 application includes a host of improvements over its predecessor. Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows are just a few of the over 25 user-requested features included in the new app!
Vintage Amp Heaven
Patch a Tube Screamer in front of a Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe or Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 or jack your bass into a Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier. Exclusive Unison technology provides Apollo Twin Duo MkII with an impressive collection of dead-ringer emulations of iconic amps and stompboxes, allowing you to dial in world-class tone on the fly.
Awards and Results
The darling of the industry, UA Apollo interfaces have garnered awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music and Electronic Musician. For 2016, the esteemed TEC Award for computer audio hardware was bestowed upon Apollo. More important than awards are the results of our users. You can hear Apollo interfaces on a diverse variety of recordings including Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly
, Coldplay’s A Head Full of Dreams
, Dr. Dre’s Compton
and Brad Paisley’s Wheelhouse
, to name just a few.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.