Introduced in 2012, the Apollo series brought together the analog heritage and digital ambitions of Universal Audio like never before. The Apollo Twin Quad MKII continues that tradition, delivering breathtaking audio quality, powerful monitoring options, and Unison™ compatible preamps, all in an elegant desktop module. Four SHARC DSP (Quad) processors lighten the load on your computer’s CPU when using UAD plug-ins. Universal Audio has included a copy of their Console software, making it simple to quickly configure the Apollo Twin Quad MKII to match your system.
Enjoy the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle of legendary audio plug-in processors, included free of charge with each Universal Audio Apollo Twin Quad MKII interface. The convenience, portability, and construction of the Apollo Twin Quad MKII make it an ideal tool for adding high-powered UAD processing plug-ins to a live performance using your laptop. Simply connect the interface to your Mac or PC computer with a single Thunderbolt* cable, and you’re on your way. You can even combine up to four UA Apollo interfaces together to operate as one seamless system. So when you’re ready for expansion, be sure to visit us again at American Musical Supply for all the latest Apollo products.
* adapter required for Thunderbolt 3
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Quad Thunderbolt Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
The Apollo Twin Quad MKII sounds incredible. Analog-to-Digital conversion takes place in the 24-bit realm, at speeds of up to 192 kHz, delivering audio of the highest fidelity. Noise, distortion, and other conversion artifacts are effectively eliminated. Plus, the Thunderbolt platform is rock-solid, offering more stability than that of USB or FireWire – and near-zero levels of latency. More than an interface, the Apollo Twin Quad MKII is a supportive collaborator, bringing its own processing power to the party. Inside are four SHARC floating-point DSP processors from Analog Devices. Their extra processing power really comes into play when using UAD plug-ins, as they won’t bog down your computer’s CPU.
All are Welcome
The Apollo Twin Quad MKII offers a variety of inputs in a host of configurations. Inputs 1 and 2 feature XLR/Balanced TRS 1/4" combo jacks that can accept a low-impedance (Lo-Z) mic signal or a balanced/unbalanced line level signal. Up front is a convenient high-impedance (Hi-Z) jack, allowing an instrument such as an electric guitar to connect directly to the interface. Configurable in the included Console software, the optical input can read up to eight channels of incoming digital audio in ADAT or S/PDIF formats.
Unison compatibility allows the software and the hardware to interact in new and creative ways, delivering an astounding level of audio accuracy and fidelity when using UAD plug-ins to recreate the sound of classic preamps. Unison-enabled hardware preamps – such as those found in the Apollo Twin Quad MKII – can change their electronic characteristics at the circuit level to more accurately satisfy the needs of the emulation software.
Whether your UAD software is emulating a preamp design from Manley, Neve, SSL, API, or Universal Audio, vital characteristics of the original circuitry — such as input impedance — are recreated in the hardware before digital conversion takes place. And once again, the processing power of the Apollo Twin Quad MKII handles much of the heavy lifting for your computer’s CPU.
The onboard mic preamps – in addition to being Unison compatible – offer a surprising range of control, available at the touch of a button. From the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Quad MKII itself, you can choose the Mic or Line input; engage a low-cut (75 Hz) filter; apply phantom power; add a 20dB pad; reverse the phase; or combine both inputs as a stereo pair.
The Apollo Twin Quad MKII provides impeccable sound quality at the input stage and delivers glorious, pristine audio on the way out. The level knob – the only knob – feels solid and inspires confidence. A surrounding halo of LEDs point to the current setting.
Switching from the Preamp Mode to the Monitor Mode calls up a host of additional features. The talkback module features a built-in mic that can be used to talk to the talent or to slate tracks for production. The dual-function TALK button allows momentary of toggle operation of the talkback module. The DIM button drops the monitor level to a more comfortable level for conversation, without the need to physically change the output level setting (knob). Like the Talkback button, the DIM button provides momentary or toggle operation. Pressing the ALT button switches the Main Monitor mix to an alternate set of outputs. The MONO button sums both channels to a mono signal, and the MUTE button kills the main outputs. The MONITOR SELECTED indicator conveniently switches to RED, to remind you that the MUTE function is on. The Mute feature does not affect the headphone output.
Out and About
The Apollo Twin Quad MKII is equipped with two sets of outputs – Monitor Outputs 1 & 2 and Line Outputs 3 & 4. Both sets of signals are delivered through balanced TRS 1/4" jacks. The Monitor outputs are controlled by the Monitor Level and the additional Monitor button functions. Line Outputs 3 & 4 can be configured using the included Console software.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.