The UAD-2 QUAD Custom DSP Accelerator contains Universal Audio’s second most powerful PCIe processing card, coupled with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 QUAD Custom features four SHARC processors and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt), giving your Mac or PC an immediate boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 QUAD Custom includes UA’s Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle and it lets users select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more.
Mac and Windows 7 compatible, the UAD-2 QUAD Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD 2 Quad Custom PCIe DSP Accelerator Card Features
Included Analog Classics Bundle
- Powerful four-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Custom software bundle lets users ‘pick any 3’ UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, Precision Enhancer Hz, plus Legacy editions of the Fairchild 670 Compressor, LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis (sold separately)
- VST/AU/RTAS/AAX 64 and 64-bit compatible
The Analog Classics plug-in bundle features hallmark compressors like the Legacy LA-2A and 1176, plus classic EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro. There’s even a versatile channel strip and reverb to get your tracks in shape, fast.
1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176SE and its later LN version have graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, the White Stripes, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
Universal Audio’s Pultec Pro Legacy plug-in combines the Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, two of the most sought-after hardware EQs, into a single plug-in. The MEQ-5 EQ section allows you to boost and cut midrange bands with the same silky smoothness and personality of the original hardware while the EQP-1A imparts warm analog character to a single track or an entire mix — even when bypassed.
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls give you the ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums, and more.
CS-1 Precision Channel
Featuring the EX-1 EQ/Compressor, the DM-1 and DL-1L Delay Modulators, and the RS-1 Reflection Engine, the CS-1 Precision Channel provides all the tools you need for recording and mixing in one simple plug-in. With a unique smoothing algorithm for all controls and DSP conserving bypass switches built-in, the CS-1 packs a whopping punch into a small package.
RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb that is based on our own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond the barriers of simply big/small or dark/bright, giving you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and an ultra-long reverb tail.