Wampler Pedals, being the electronics tinkerers that they are, set off to design a pedal that would get ‘Marshall’ tones out of any run of the mill amp. The Wampler Plexi-Drive British Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal is the result of many long nights of breadboarding, tweaking, and tweaking some more. The Plexi-Drive is a pedal that absolutely nails that ‘JTM45’ tone like none other.
Wampler Pedals designed the Plexi-Drive to sound sort of like a cross between a ‘Marshall 18’ and a ‘JTM45’, and those who have purchased the Plexi-Drive agree that it's very accurate! The bass boost toggle switch adds fat, full bottom end which is very useful in lower gain or lower volume (bedroom practicing) applications. For band volumes, cutting the bass out a bit really helps the tone cut through perfectly.
Wampler Plexi-Drive British Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Jfet circuitry mimics tube gain, response, and sound of an old plexi
- 3 Knobs: tone, volume, and gain
- 1 toggle switch adds in a bit of bottom end for best 'bedroom sound'
- 2.5 x 4.5 in.
- Plenty of volume potential if you need it