The Yamaha MX5014C is a Console-Format Powered Mixer for Advanced Live Applications.
When sound reinforcement requirements get serious but you still want the convenience and reliability of a Yamaha powered mixer, the console-style EMX5014C is the ticket. It’s an all-in-one solution that's ideal for everyone from bands to venue operators alike. It provides a surprising palette of features and versatile signal routing options. And it’s a Yamaha, so you can trust that it’s going to sound great.
Yamaha EMX5014C Features
- Exclusive single-knob compressors on each input control unruly vocals or tighten up a bass guitar
- Feedback channel locator LEDs on each input pinpoint
problems for easy correction
- 80Hz high pass filters for eliminating low-frequency noise and rumble
- Channel ON switches let you switch individual channels
into or out of the mix
- PFL (Pre-Fader Listen) switches allow isolated
monitoring of individual channels
- All input channels feature signal and peak indicators for visual signal monitoring
- Linear AUX 1, AUX 2, and EFFECT RTN faders with AFL (After-Fader Listen) monitor switches
- Stereo master fader with both PFL and AFL monitor switches
- Limiter indicators tell you when the internal limiter circuitry has been activated due to power amplifier overload
- Power Amp mode selector allows two-channel power amp
to be quickly configured for Main + Main, Mono + Aux 1, or
Aux 1 + Aux 2 operation
- Power amplifier output selector allows selection of 500, 200, or 75-watt output per channel
The EMX5014 delivers the winning combination of superior sound quality, convenient mixing control, and reliability that has made the Yamaha EMX Series the top choice for bands, personal studios, houses of worship, corporate and educational facilities. Compact packages, versatile input capabilities, plentiful power and top-quality, built-in signal processing are standard equipment. Yamaha brings a new member to its EMX family with the introduction of the EMX5014C.
Like others in the EMX family, the EMX5014C is a fully integrated mixer offering a range of features to mix, process, and deliver your sound with maximum quality and creative control. Equipped with ultra lightweight amplifier circuits, power is the priority of the 500-watt per channel multi-mode stereo power section.
A total of 14 input channels accommodate mics, instruments and playback gear with a selection of mono mic/line and stereo line inputs. Connections include XLR, TRS 1/4-in. phone, and RCA. A power mode switch allows the two amplifier channels to be used with the stereo outputs, drive main speakers and separate monitor mixes, while power amp mode selector switches allow the user to configure the amp channels to suit a range of applications.
MIX, PROCESS AND DELIVER WITH THE EMX5014C
For sound shaping and feedback control, the EMX5014C includes 3-band EQ on each input channel, a stereo 9-band graphic EQ on the main stereo output, and a separate graphic for the monitor output. Each channel also contains a Feedback Channel Locator (FCL) indicator that pinpoints the input channel creating the problem. Additionally, channels 1 thru 6 provide single knob compressors. This Yamaha exclusive feature is great for controlling unruly vocals or tightening up a bass guitar.
Onboard signal processing includes a selection of 16 professional-grade programs (reverb, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, drum ambiance and distortion) from Yamaha's renowned SPX series processor products. In addition, onboard proprietary YSProcessing tailors the signal for optimum use with Yamaha's Club Series loudspeakers.
The EMX5014C is housed in a lightweight (under 24 lb.) standard mixer format that can be used as a stand-alone unit or rack mounted with the optional RK5014 kit for space-saving convenience.