The YDP-184 is Yamaha’s most advanced Arius digital piano ever made! The re-designed interface lets you browse the 24 instrument Voices with ease, while allowing you to quickly and easily trigger a shortcut right to the world-class CFX concert grand piano.
Yamaha YDP-184R Arius Series Digital Console Piano Features
- The CFX Premium Grand Piano Voice recreates the power and tone of Yamaha's flagship CFX concert grand piano - Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) with synthetic ivory key tops add a tactile surface to the white keys, which absorbs finger moisture and prevent slipping.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- Key-off samples deliver the delicate change in sound the instant the damper falls back to the string.
- Full Dot LCD Display allows for smooth navigation of the instrument's features and functions.
- Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spatial distribution of sound in the listener's headphones, creating the sensation that sound is coming directly from the piano, rather than from the headphones.
- Drum Rhythms are great to perform with and also put the fun back into practicing as they are a practical alternative to a metronome.
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into two halves, each with their own "middle C" for practicing with a partner
- The Digital Piano 3-year, carry-in warranty protects you from defects or malfunctions not resulting from misuse. Simply return the product to your dealer, who will manage getting it repaired or replaced for you.
- 1/8" AUX input takes output from a portable music player, iOS device, mixer or computer and uses the instrument's speakers to play back the audio.
- 256-note polyphony allows you to play many notes simultaneously without any drop-outs
- An on-board, 16-track recorder allows you to create your own songs using multiple sounds for simultaneous playback.
- Acoustic Optimizer physically adjusts the acoustic flow by using a special design and position within the instrument to control resonance and enrich the overall sound
- The USB TO HOST port allows players to connect to and interact with a wide variety of educational, creative and entertaining musical applications on a computer or mobile device.
- MIDI connectivity allows the instrument to be connected to other MIDI devices, such as external tone modules, sequencers/computers and portable devices.
- Included Accessories:
- Owner’s Manual
- “50 Classical Music Masterpieces” Music Book
- Online Member Product Registration
- Power cord
With this new Arius digital piano, you’ll experience the sound of the stereophonic optimizer which creates a realistic sense of spaciousness when listening via headphones. You’ll also enjoy the realism of Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) and high-quality digital effects through the on-board stereo speaker system.
In a grand piano, sound resonates throughout the body of the instrument, producing a rich reverberation that envelops the listener in sound. This phenomena is reproduced perfectly in the Yamaha Arius YDP-184 through VRM.
The enhanced VRM now also calculates aliquot (carefully sampled) resonance in the upper octaves, and the full resonance of the soundboard, rim, and frame. This technology allows for vivid, bright, richly-varied expression that reflects the limitless number of factors inherent in piano performance.
The Yamaha YDP-184 has Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) 88-key piano action with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, reproducing the touch of an acoustic piano, from the heavy feel in the lower register to a lighter touch in the upper octaves. It also features a three-sensor configuration, which accurately senses and interprets the behavior of the keyboard in order to provide a grand piano-style response and feel. This allows for quick note repetition and authentic expressive control. The piano keyboard with synthetic ivory key tops provide a tactile surface to the white keys, preventing them from slipping.
Play along with built-in rhythm patterns and record your performances using the built-in MIDI recorder. With over a century of acoustic piano manufacturing heritage, it only makes sense that the best digital pianos come from Yamaha!
7 Years: DSR, DXR,
and DXS Speakers; 3 Years: Power Amps, Speakers; YDP, CP, N100, PF & P Series Digital Pianos
1 Year: Digital Mixers, Studio Monitors, Analog Consoles, Powered Mixers, Multi-Track Recorders, Digital Effect Processors, Signal Processors, Synthesizers, Drum Machines, Sequencers, Tone Modules, Portable Keyboards, Guitars, Drum Shells & Hardware, Drum Shell Finish.
1 Yr Parts, 90 Days Labor: Drum Pedals, Cymbal Stands, Rack Systems