The Zoom HD16CD Digital Multitrack Recorder; Record and mix on your PC or take on the road as an all-in-one DAW!
Decisions decisions. Do you need a full-featured hard drive digital recorder or a computer loaded with DAW software and a pile of digital interfaces? ZOOM engineers have made this decision easy, just do both. With the new ZOOM HD Series recorders you get a fully loaded hard drive based digital workstation that allows you to record in your studio or live on location and then upload the tracks into your computer to the supplied Cubase LE DAW software. The ZOOM HD recorders are fully functional control surfaces that you can use to mix and edit recordings on your computer.
Each ZOOM HD Series workstation is loaded with audio inputs (actually A/D interfaces) for connection to mics, instruments and live consoles. Next, you can process everything with over 100 of ZOOM’s best on-board effects for guitar, bass, vocals and mixdown. Also under your control is the full tilt studio drum/bass sequencer/sampler with velocity pads featuring 60 seconds of sample time so song parts, sounds or anything that you record can be loaded onto the velocity pads for easy access and playback.
Everything gets loaded onto a huge 80GB hard drive for up to 240 hours of recording time. At this point you can either mixdown your recording and burn a CD with the high-speed on-board CD burner (multi-track or stereo album modes) or move the audio WAV files to your computer through the USB 2 interface for further editing using the HD faders and knobs as your control surface.
Zoom HD16CD Features
- 8-track of simultaneous recording with 160 V-takes & 16-track of playback
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4 inch phone combo inputs with phantom power
- 16-bit/44.1 kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
- Over 100 effects for guitar/bass/vocal recording, mixing, and mastering
- Drum/Bass machine with touch-sensitive pads and 500 drum sounds
- Built-in CD-R/RW drive and 80 GB HD
- Control Surface function for DAW software
- Bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE
- Sampler function lets you add original drum sounds to Drum Kit
- Expanded sampling memory to 60 seconds
- Built-in USB 2.0 interface
- Meter-bridge features easily viewable 5-segment LED level meters
The recorder features eight balanced XLR-1/4 inch combo inputs with phantom power. Two high impedance inputs allow direct connection of guitars and basses, so users can plug into Zoom’s famous guitar and bass amp modeling capabilities. The HD16CD also comes with multi-effects such as reverb, delay and compression for use with instruments and vocals.
The HD16CD also boasts the largest hard disk in its class and is also the only unit with touch-sensitive pads. Record songwriting sessions or live concert sets directly to the unit, move the audio files to a computer’s digital audio workstation and use the recorder as a control surface for easy editing and mixing.