The ZVEX ’59 Sound is essential for players looking for that old-school Bassman tone in a compact yet versatile dual pedal format! The right channel is an amp in the box style circuit we designed to emulate the classic Fender 1959 Tweed Bassman. The left channel is a post gain unity-to-50X gain booster.
Use the ’59 Sound with any amp set warm and somewhat clean to get a taste of the rich naturally transparent and dynamic distortion tones that make the ’59 Bassman one of the most sought after vintage amps ever built. The ’59 Sound loves to stack with other distortions, compressors, overdrives and fuzz pedals.
ZVEX ‘59 Sound Overdrive Pedal Features
- Ships with 9 volt battery in factory box
- 4.25 x 2.25 x 2 inch
- 10 oz pedal
- Comes wrapped in a shop rag, tied a with ponytail holder
- Warranty card and instruction sheet are also included
- Current draw is 3mA
- Power supply is not included
- Uses high quality Nuetrik jacks, and Alpha switches
- Powder coated die cast aluminum enclosure is overlaid with vibrant digitally printed graphics, and protected by a tough coating of clear lacquer, similar to a high quality car finish
- Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase, 2 years if you register at zvex.com
The '59 Sound transparently preserves your guitar's tonal character. From the singing dense tones of a Les Paul, to the twang of a Tele, or the sparkle of a Strat, everything you love about guitar's tone will remain intact. Subtle changes in pick attack and palm muting are preserved as well.
The ’59 Sound is also very interactive with guitar volume. Back off your guitar’s volume and you’ll discover a lively clean sparkling tone that is noticeably different from the amp’s clean tone and microphone-ready.
The ’59 Sound boost channel is very similar to the SHO boost circuit with refinements to make it sound more like a standard amp input and less glassy. The boost channel can be used alone or in conjunction with the distortion channel. This channel follows the distortion channel so that the distortion is able to hit your amp at a higher volume.
The '59 Sound can run on a 9 volt battery, or any 9 volt Boss style negative tip power supply. Current draw is a modest 3mA. Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase, 2 years if you register at zvex.com. For any repair questions, consult http://zvex.com/repairs for more information.