This is a vertically oriented version of ZVEX’s most famous pedal the Fuzz Factory. It's the same five-knob fuzz (using two new old-stock sixties germanium transistors) as the original. ZVEX has housed it in a vertical box to provide another option for crowded pedal boards. The Fuzz Factory was not modeled after any classic fuzz design, its unique controls allow you to shape your own personalized fuzz. Names of the controls (with the exception of volume) are descriptive not literal. They are named for parameters over which they seem to have the most control.
ZVEX Vertical Vexter Fuzz Factory Pedal Features
- Volume: Overall Fuzz Volume
- Gate: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch. Turning to left opens gate.
- Compress: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, gets softer turned to right. Suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also use to tune in fat feedback fuzz.
- Drive: Increases distortion when used as a ‘normal’ fuzz, and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right.
- Stab: Use all the way right. Do not adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch.