Developed with Serato, the Novation Dicer DJ Control Surface is a palm-sized cue point and looping controller which has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Novation Dicer always ships in pairs - one for each side.
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger Hot Cues. Or, flip Dicer into Auto-Loop or Loop Roll modes, to trigger loops, or roll sections of the track to create climaxes, drops and glitchy breaks. Each mode illuminates Novation Dicer's pads a different color, so you can instantly see what mode the pads in, even in dark clubs and venues.
Novation Dicer DJ Controller Features
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch dice buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation’s reusable DJ putty, your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including Hot Cues, Auto Roll and Loop Roll.
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers