Ableton Live 10.1 is out now.
This significant free update adds new tools and features to
support musicians’ creative process, from making and shaping sound to editing and finalizing
•• User wavetables allow musicians to extend the capabilities of Wavetable’s oscillator section
by importing their own wavetables or samples.
•• Channel EQ is a flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety
of audio material.
•• Delay combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and moves ping pong behavior, Jump,
Fade-In and Pitch controls from those devices to the front panel.
•• New automation features include a new palette of automation shapes, stretch and skew
automation and the ability to enter precise values with a numerical keypad. It’s easier
to get access to clip modulation in Session View. Additionally, Live now simplifies complex
automation into C- and S-shapes for easier editing.
•• Improvements to zooming and scrolling make switching between detailed views and bigpicture
editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible
computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more.
•• Live 10.1 now also allows users to freeze tracks that contain sidechain routing, export single
tracks and groups with return and master effects applied and use all their VST3 plug-ins.
With incredibly fast and fluid workflow, Ableton Live 10.1 allows artists and producers to let the ideas flow with all new features and astounding sound quality! Use its timeline-based workflow or improvise without constraints in Live’s Session View. Advanced warping lets you change the tempo and timing of any audio in real time without stopping the music. Record virtual instruments, drum machines, guitars or audio from the real world. Capture MIDI notes after you’ve played them, turning your most spontaneous ideas (and happy accidents) into music.
Live’s effects, instruments, sounds and creative features let you make music only limited by your imagination. Use Live’s native devices as the foundation of sound design or mold and shape a range of carefully curated Packs into something new. And since the software keeps everything in time, Live is also perfect for on-stage improvisation and hands-on play—customize the software to fit your performance, not the other way around. And with Push, Ableton’s instrument built specifically for Live, you get all the functionality of software with the immediacy of hardware.
Ableton Live 10.1 Music Production Software Features
Create with Live
- Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
- Audio to MIDI conversion tools: extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it into MIDI.
- Comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic ‘feel’ of other audio files
- Video import and export for scoring to video or warping video to music
- Note: Ableton ships a card with a Serial number and Registration code to download the software.
- Instruments, effects and sounds:
- 3 instruments: Simpler, Impulse and Drum Rack – plus Instrument Racks and the External Instrument device
- 42 audio and MIDI effects
- 1800+ sounds
- 10+GB of loops and samples
- Technical feature spec / compatibility:
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Link technology integration
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- ReWire support
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
- Ableton Link integration
- Unlimited Audio and MIDI tracks
- Unlimited Scenes
- 12 Send and return tracks
- 256 Audio inputs, 256 outputs
- Rex file support
- POW-r dithering
- Groove Pool and extract groove
No matter how you like to begin, Live helps you get the music in your head out of your speakers. Session View lets you sketch ideas lightning fast – play, mix, and match MIDI and audio loops of different lengths and tempos without ever stopping the music. The Arrangement View is where you organize music along a timeline and build sections of your song. Or record an arrangement directly from the Session View and improvise a finished composition.
Live’s synthesizers deliver a vast range of sound using wavetable, FM, and analog- and physical modeling architectures. A pair of sampling devices help you squeeze the most out of your drum samples and multisampled instruments with built-in slicing, warping and more. Included MIDI effects let you creatively manipulate your notes, while audio effects help you clean up your mix or make a creative mess.
Live’s Core Library comes with every edition of the software and includes vintage synths, analog drum machines, keys, multi-sampled drums, and much more. Curated Collections are toolkits of curated sounds from selected scenes designed to be shaped into something new.
Software without limits
Live comes with everything you need, but adapts to your unique needs. Map knobs, faders and buttons to nearly any controller to get hands on control of almost every parameter in Live. The software also includes auto-mappings for a growing number of MIDI controllers for instant results.
Max for Live is a software platform that powers a range of Live’s instruments and effects. Load one of its many built-in sound generators, and audio and MIDI effects to expand your sound. Or use it to customize devices, build your own and even hack how Live works. You can even use it to connect Live to lights, cameras, sensors, surround sound setups and more.
Perform with Live
Trigger, resequence and remix your music in real time. Control external hardware and integrate outboard effects. Improvise on your own or process audio played by others.
Expand your setup and collaborate with others using Link. The technology syncs timing over a network connection, so software like Reason, Serato and an ever-growing number of iOS apps work together in your Live setup.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.