Expansive sounds, incredible instruments and streamlined workflow come together in Ableton’s flagship Live Suite 10 software! Over 5,000 sounds, 10 instruments, over 70 GB of loops and samples and 57 effects makes this remarkably powerful for artists and producers to capture ideas and performances and achieve the sound the track calls for. Advanced warping lets you change the tempo and timing of any audio in real time without stopping the music. Record virtual instruments, drum machines, guitars or audio from the real world. Capture MIDI notes after you’ve played them, turning your most spontaneous ideas (and happy accidents) into music.
Live’s effects, instruments, sounds and creative features let you make music only limited by your imagination. Use Live’s native devices as the foundation of sound design or mold and shape a range of carefully curated Packs into something new. And since the software keeps everything in time, Live is also perfect for on-stage improvisation and hands-on play—customize the software to fit your performance, not the other way around. And with Push, Ableton’s instrument built specifically for Live, you get all the functionality of software with the immediacy of hardware.
Ableton Live Suite 10 Recording Performance Software Features
Create with Live
- Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
- Audio to MIDI conversion tools: extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it into MIDI.
- Comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic ‘feel’ from other audio files
- Video import and export for scoring to video or warping video to music
- Built-in Max for Live software with more instruments, audio and MIDI effects, and the ability to customize Live
- Instruments, effects and sounds:
- 10 instruments: Wavetable, Operator, Sampler, Analog, Electric, Tension, Collision, Simpler, Drum Rack, Impulse – plus Instrument Racks and the External Instrument device
- 57 audio and MIDI effects, including Drum Buss, Echo and Pedal
- 5000+ sounds
- 70+GB of loops and samples
- Technical feature spec / compatibility:
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Link technology integration
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- ReWire support
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
- Unlimited Audio and MIDI tracks
- Unlimited Scenes
- 12 Send and return tracks
- 256 Audio inputs, 256 outputs
- Rex file support
- POW-r dithering
- Groove Pool and extract groove
No matter how you like to begin, Live helps you get the music in your head out of your speakers.
Session View lets you sketch ideas lightning fast – play, mix, and match MIDI and audio loops of different lengths and tempos without ever stopping the music. The Arrangement View is where you organize music along a timeline and build sections of your song. Or record an arrangement directly from the Session View and improvise a finished composition.
Live’s synthesizers deliver a vast range of sound using wavetable, FM, and analog- and physical modeling architectures. A pair of sampling devices help you squeeze the most out of your drum samples and multisampled instruments with built-in slicing, warping and more. Included MIDI effects let you creatively manipulate your notes, while audio effects help you clean up your mix or make a creative mess.
Live’s Core Library comes with every edition of the software and includes vintage synths, analog drum machines, keys, multi-sampled drums, and much more. Curated Collections are toolkits of curated sounds from selected scenes designed to be shaped into something new.
Software without limits
Live comes with everything you need, but adapts to your unique needs. Map knobs, faders and buttons to nearly any controller to get hands on control of almost every parameter in Live. The software also includes auto-mappings for a growing number of MIDI controllers for instant results.
Max for Live is a software platform that powers a range of Live’s instruments and effects. Load one of its many built-in sound generators, and audio and MIDI effects to expand your sound. Or use it to customize devices, build your own and even hack how Live works. You can even use it to connect Live to lights, cameras, sensors, surround sound setups and more.
Perform with Live
Trigger, resequence and remix your music in real time. Control external hardware and integrate outboard effects. Improvise on your own or process audio played by others.
Expand your setup and collaborate with others using Link. The technology syncs timing over a network connection, so software like Reason, Serato and an ever-growing number of iOS apps work together in your Live setup.
Ableton Push 2
Ableton Push 2 combined with their wildly popular Live software effectively bridges the gap between software and controller. This unique, powerful union may have even resulted in the creation of your ultimate musical instrument!
Ableton Push 2 places all the necessary components of song creation right at your fingertips. Push 2 is the ultimate controller for Ableton Live, as it seamlessly integrates in a true ‘plug and play’ fashion. Push 2 is so much more than just another Ableton controller; it can run in a variety of different modes to actually aid you in the song creation process. Use Push 2’s 64 pads to create beats, melodies, and harmonies, as well as fire off clips and scenes. Live’s browser is fully accessible via Push 2, allowing you to work exclusively with the controller remotely from the computer screen, making it more of a stand-alone instrument. At the center of Push 2 is a beautiful multicolor display that adapts to show you exactly what you need to see when you need to see it. And given its deep level of integration with Live, it sets a new standard for controllers.
Ableton Push 2 Grid Controller for Ableton Live Features
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.5
- Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
- 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Clip launch mode for Live performance and arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Live Intro for new users
Building upon the success of Push 1, Push 2 is designed and engineered entirely by Ableton, resulting in an unprecedented level of integration and symbiosis with Live. It’s designed to allow you to spend less time working on the computer screen and more time hands-on with Push 2, ultimately blurring the line between controller and instrument. The single most important aspect of Push 2 is that it makes creating music with your computer immediate, interactive, and above all…fun!
The Ableton Push 2 features 64 sensitive and backlit pads that reconfigure their functionality based on the task at hand. When using the Drum Rack from Live, the pads become a massive interface for playing or step programming your beats, similar to the operation of dedicated drum machines. All of the controls and parameters that you will need to fine-tune your beats are right at your fingertips!
Play Notes and Chords
When working with instrumental sounds, Push 2's pads correspond to pitches, offering you a fresh, new approach to recording melodies and harmonies. Push 2 allows you to set the pads to a particular key and scale so your musical parts will always be in tune and in the right signature. The 7-centimeter touch strip allows for pitch bend and modulation functionality. Push 2 also features a step sequencer mode for manual recording and editing of note sequences.
Incorporating samples has never been easier!
Push 2 makes working with samples a breeze, providing total control and integration with Simpler 2.0. Samples can be controlled from 3 different modes depending on your needs. Slicing mode allows you to cut a sample into multiple segments, then trigger them individually from Push 2’s pads. Classic mode allows you to turn samples into playable and pitched instruments. One-Shot Mode is ideal for triggering drum or SFX sounds, as it will play the sample in its entirety upon triggering. Working with samples is so easy that Push 2 and Live may very well spoil you for all other samplers.
A Work of Art
Impeccable attention to detail is evident in every aspect of Push 2. The multicolor display provides all the info and details you need in the heat of the moment without unnecessary visual clutter. The Push 2’s pads have been carefully redesigned from its predecessor to provide an even higher level of sensitivity, responsiveness, and expression. Eight touch-sensitive encoders provide the perfect hardware feel to control parameters of nearly everything inside Live. No stone has been left unturned in this redesign and the end result is a solid piece of hardware that is fun, intuitive, and a vital part for operating the Ableton Live Software platform, turning the whole system into an instrument suitable for the studio or stage!
A Bright Future
Being that Push 2 is designed and produced by Ableton, you can expect seamless integration with Live and effortless addition of new features. Since its initial release, Push functionality has been improved, refined, and expanded. Ableton listens very closely to the feedback they receive from users of all levels and is committed to making Push 2’s functionality and integration with Live even better with each update. After working with Push 2, you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.